website statistics

Parapan American Games 2019

vinipereira

24 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Wow literally no one in attendance

Attendance was really good before it stated to get dark. I think it got pretty cold today. The Shooting venue was louder than it was during the Pan Ams. Table Tennis had loud cheers going all day. There was a good crowd at Judo too.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, vinipereira said:

Medal Standings after Day 1

MDay1.png

World Records in Athletics

Reveal hidden contents

What! What did :BER win gold in? That’s most likely their first Parapan (if not Pan American) Gold Medal of all time!

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

What! What did :BER win gold in? That’s most likely their first Parapan (if not Pan American) Gold Medal of all time!

Nope! Bermuda won gold in Toronto 2015 (I was in the stadium and saw it live!). Same athlete won gold here (Jessica Lewis)

:PER just threw away a huge chance for their first gold medal. Their shooter had led (with bullseye shooting) since the 10th shot in the Mixed 10m Rifle Prone, but at the very last shot he went wayward and gave the gold too :USA! Great win for our shooter, but feel bad for the Peruvian. So far women have won 2 out of the 3 mixed gender shooting events (both were from the USA). Great performance from the USA and Brazil so far.

10 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Wheelchair Rugby semifinals are set:

:CAN vs :BRA

:USA vs :COL

The Paralympics quota is USA's to lose, but Canada might surprise.

No game will ever be as epic as that Rio 2016 final though. I believe that still remains the most watched Paralympic event of all time (unless I’m mistaken).