website statistics

Parapan American Games 2019

vinipereira

19 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Opening ceremony starting...

Blocked in your country :facepalm:. I’ll use my vpn after the ceremony ends because it struggling to keep up with streams lately.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

@hckosice :ECU has a pretty good size team here. They should manage to grab a few medals hopefully.

It really is cool to see how seriously Peru has taken these games. I’ve seen equal marketing to the Pan Ams on their social media accounts, all the national TV and newspapers are reporting on the Parapan American Games. Plus, thousands of people turned out for the opening ceremony. In genuinely excited for these games. I love para-sport, and I can’t wait a great week of it.

I can’t handle the two little boys (with disabilities) playing tag. I’m gonna cry ? 

First ever shooting gold medal at a Parapan American Games goes too...:USA!!! Silver and Bronze for :BRA in a very close final. That was a fun one to watch.

Oh, very serious injury for an :ARG judoka. The medics had to stretcher him off the tatami. Hopefully he’s okay. He was on the wrong end of a very good ippon, but I think he did something to his foot/ankle before that.

Gold for :URU! Not unexpected, Henry Borges is a very good judoka, but still most likely their only gold medal of the games.