website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Broadcasters

17 minutes ago, phelps said:

all the eurosport players feeds are without any commentary...the app is so messy that's very difficult to find some events...

I never expected to watch our Volleyball NT or our fencing players with no voice at the Olympics...:facepalm:

moreover, we have 3 different ways to get the discovery streams and all 3 have different outcome...just unbelievable!

And its a payable app which is even more shamefull 

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest very few people are and it is just fake outrage because it is a political issue to bash the BBC

Generally, both them and Eurosport have been very good here

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

Well, this is seemingly work in progress for both ES Player and my own cable TV. I got 2 of the additional 7 Eurosport channels (the full number is only available on a different cable TV provider). On one there is handball at the moment but with English, French and Spanish commentary aired at the same time in parallel :wall:

I've definitely gotten used to Eurosport Player's offer, and in terms of watching what I want to watch, it's absolutely working perfectly. Basically everything is available and very easy to find (browser and Android app). The only thing is that at least 95% of the streams I've watched today are without any sort of commentary, in any language. Weightlifting had an English duo and so does taekwondo, but that's about it. Of course Eurosport 1 and 2 has commentators since it's on TV, but that's not the main point.

Having all those streams without commentators is such a major letdown. You've got dozens of millions to spend on rights, but nothing for a few generic commentators?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I've definitely gotten used to Eurosport Player's offer, and in terms of watching what I want to watch, it's absolutely working perfectly. Basically everything is available and very easy to find (browser and Android app). The only thing is that at least 95% of the streams I've watched today are without any sort of commentary, in any language. Weightlifting had an English duo and so does taekwondo, but that's about it. Of course Eurosport 1 and 2 has commentators since it's on TV, but that's not the main point.

Having all those streams without commentators is such a major letdown. You've got dozens of millions to spend on rights, but nothing for a few generic commentators?

Seemingly there are comms for many of those feeds - maybe not every single table tennis match, but certainly football, medal finals etc - but ES are having a technical ‘mare getting them all working.  Things did seem to improve towards evening Japanese time, so we’ll see tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Thats the main letdown with ESP. I managed to find what I want to watch from eurosport.hu or .com then Schedules/Results and at most events there is a button "Full event replay". Otherwise I just have to browse among X number of say, badminton or table tennis or judo matches.

2 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Seemingly there are comms for many of those feeds - maybe not every single table tennis match, but certainly football, medal finals etc - but ES are having a technical ‘mare getting them all working.  Things did seem to improve towards evening Japanese time, so we’ll see tomorrow.

But surely things like heats in swimming or rowing shouldn't be too hard to find someone for? When not watching live, it feels like watching the European short course championships morning heats or something...

Hopefully those were all part of the technical nightmare and tomorrow they will start to be up to par with what they actually have to offer.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

But surely things like heats in swimming or rowing shouldn't be too hard to find someone for? When not watching live, it feels like watching the European short course championships morning heats or something...

Hopefully those were all part of the technical nightmare and tomorrow they will start to be up to par with what they actually have to offer.

No, as I say, there are any number of generic Aussie, New Zealand etc comms doing 3x3 basketball, beach volley etc. In fact BBC has shown some of them which ES did not have. If you check the little info options button it sometimes says just Ambient Sound ie no sound - but also Ambient Sound, English, French, Serbian etc. In those cases, there is a comm available somewhere, but it’s just floating in space & ES can’t find it. 

Just now, Grassmarket said:

No, as I say, there are any number of generic Aussie, New Zealand etc comms doing 3x3 basketball, beach volley etc. In fact BBC has shown some of them which ES did not have. If you check the little info options button it sometimes says just Ambient Sound ie no sound - but also Ambient Sound, English, French, Serbian etc. In those cases, there is a comm available somewhere, but it’s just floating in space & ES can’t find it. 

Yes, I am aware of that, but the thing is that 90% of the streams don't have that option where one usually chooses the audio feed. A very small amount of streams do, where you can indeed choose for the ambient sound or English or whatever, but a very large majority doesn't have that option, meaning there is no commentary available. And that's not good at all.