website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Broadcasters

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Oh crap, now I'm afraid to open it :lol: 

Never a fan of things like this coming with a major new look so shortly before something big, so you only have a very short time to get used to things :hairpull: 

So far it seems to look mostly the same though, with only a little difference in the top bar which now takes some extra space, God knows why. The streams are still listed in an annoyingly sport-less way, or at least many of them. Names like "Team - Mixed | Round of 16" and "Qualifying - Men | Day 1", come on :lol: 

Other than that, things didn't seem to change much. Still a daily chronological schedule with the same look, still a menu with all sports where you can select one sport. I only hope they changed the way they placed the streams in the sport-specific pages, they used to always have them chronologically, awesome, but then changed it to some sort of grouping in a non-chronological order.

Step 1

Click on All Olympic Sports

obrázok.png

Step 2 choose the sport (for instance Archery)

obrázok.png

Step 3 Events are by date, so just pick the one you want

obrázok.png

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, hckošice said:

Step 1

Click on All Olympic Sports

obrázok.png

Step 2 choose the sport (for instance Archery)

obrázok.png

Step 3 Events are by date, so just pick the one you want

obrázok.png

That'll work, thanks :p

Just raises the question of...why?! I mean, why not simply call the stream "Gymnastics - Men - Qualifying day 1" so you can simply open the whole daily schedule and Ctrl + F to whichever stream you want? Saves tons of time and clicking.

Oh well, I guess streaming services like these aren't built to be logical :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just subscribed to Discovery +. Rather weirdly the archery ranking rounds are included in the list of available events - but only in 15 minute slots at 06.00 and 10.00 BST. 

Looks like Gymnastics is going to be fully filmed as separate feeds for Horizontal Bars, Floor, Parallel Bars, Vault, Rings, and Pommel Horse along with a general feed are available. This is repeated from Women’s qualification with Vault, Floor, Beam and Uneven Bars. That was always an issue with previous games which saw some qualification routines shown from terrible angles. This carries on into the team finals and looks like it might for the All arounds as  loads of feeds are available but they not named. 

Sepreate feeds are also available for field events in athletics. 

5 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Here in :GBR Discovery Plus now has a Team GB tab to direct us to all GB-related action. Since we are only in three team sports, it mostly goes to things like rowing & swimming which everyone does. 

I think as detailed schedules are revealed it will be more in depth. Like the Badminton matches featuring GG competitors are specially named and included. So it will include the same for things like Tennis and Table Tennis. I wonder if it will specifically name individual GB competitors in things like Rowing and Swimming when the start lists are published.

New Eurosport Channels!!!

Eurosport 3 - The best of Tennis
Eurosport 4 - The best of Artistic
Eurosport 5 - The best of Football
Eurosport 6 - The best of Basketball
Eurosport 7 -  The best of fight sports
Eurosport 8 - The best of Handball
Eurosport 9,-  The best of Volleyball

Eurosport UHD