website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Broadcasters

1 hour ago, Orangehair43 said:

I’m not sure the pandemic can be blamed as the sport has been excellent and the lack of crowd not that noticeable.

The pandemic can 100% be blamed.  I can't speak to a non-American perspective, but getting excited about the Olympics is something that requires a strong lead-up.  The Olympics didn't have that this year.  We had people all over the world who doubted they would even happen (or should happen).  Sure, the competition has been everything an Olympics should be, but given the state of the world right now, there isn't the slightest doubt in my mind that interest in the Olympics would be much higher if not for the pandemic

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Pifta said:

And why do they write only English letters in names? Why do they ignore letters like á, é, ö, or ř, š, đ, and so on?

All the TV graphics are in English, therefore everyone's name is "translated" to that language. This means that for some languages certain letters get changed ("á" to "a"), while for others, like Russian, you get a name with completely different letters. 

5 hours ago, Vektor said:

All the TV graphics are in English, therefore everyone's name is "translated" to that language. This means that for some languages certain letters get changed ("á" to "a"), while for others, like Russian, you get a name with completely different letters. 

You didn't really explain why they leave out special national characters. If I can write them here, then it could appear on the screen too.

9 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

I wonder for how long all these on-demand videos will be available on Eurosport Player. Although I watched olympics sth like 14 hours a day, I still have things to catch, and some other to watch again.

Dont know about ESP specifically, but someone wrote here that broadcaster's have exclusivity to the content up to 31 Dec 2021. So they would be fools if they did not keep it until then at least, after they have paid for the exclusivity in the region concerned (Europe, exc UK, FR, and RU in this case)