website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Broadcasters

8 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

A lot of the time though, Auntie isn't even showing a live event on BBC One. So they have two streams, but only one (and sometimes none) of them are showing live sport. We missed a lot of the Athletics because they were showing BMX on Red Button (understandably because GB were about to win two medals) and... boxing highlights on BBC One.

I think with Athletics it was decided to catch up on them a bit later as that is a bit quicker.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Yeah, i had my doubts about Eurosport Player, but it turned out it is excellent. If you take out that first day, which had no commentary of course. 

Spot on. Although Eurosport's TV coverage (from what I can tell) has been a bit lacking.

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

My only gripe with ES player is that when they have multiple streams from the same event (athletics, gymnastics), they dont bother naming them, it is just called "Gymnastics - women- day X". What it would cost to put there "Gymnastics - women all-around - vault" for example? Same with athletics. It takes a lot of time to find the stream I am looking for.

Plus: I too find ESP of good value. My yearly plan renewed in June or July this year (last year I got 4 or 5 months free due to the coronavirus pandemic when there was nothing to broadcast live for several months), so it will be valid in time for Beijing. Therefore I get two Olympic Games worth of content out of one year's subscription. Not bad for € 24.99 :lol:

27 minutes ago, pdr4332 said:

My only gripe with ES player is that when they have multiple streams from the same event (athletics, gymnastics), they dont bother naming them, it is just called "Gymnastics - women- day X". What it would cost to put there "Gymnastics - women all-around - vault" for example? Same with athletics. It takes a lot of time to find the stream I am looking for.

Plus: I too find ESP of good value. My yearly plan renewed in June or July this year (last year I got 4 or 5 months free due to the coronavirus pandemic when there was nothing to broadcast live for several months), so it will be valid in time for Beijing. Therefore I get two Olympic Games worth of content out of one year's subscription. Not bad for € 24.99 :lol:

I suggest you to instal the french version. They have every single stream of every match of every sport named, nothing more easy to find the video you search

obrázok.png

obrázok.png

39 minutes ago, hckošice said:

I suggest you to instal the french version. They have every single stream of every match of every sport named, nothing more easy to find the video you search

obrázok.png

obrázok.png

Good idea, thanks! Tried out and the same with Spanish. I will use it this way then.

I'm a bit upset about M4Sport's coverage, because they only show and talk about Hungarians. I care less about the 42nd Hungarian than a Simone Biles or a Novak Djokovic. I want to see the winners. 

I write here because I wonder if the same thing happens in other countries.

On 01/08/2021 at 03:53, Orangehair43 said:

The poor worldwide ratings for the Games will make getting bidders for 2036 and onwards even harder - it will have a long term impact on the games. 

Need to see the numbers from an Olympics not tainted by a pandemic.  Only so much we can figure from the numbers here

20 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

Need to see the numbers from an Olympics not tainted by a pandemic.  Only so much we can figure from the numbers here

I’m not sure the pandemic can be blamed as the sport has been excellent and the lack of crowd not that noticeable.