website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Broadcasters

5 minutes ago, phelps said:

tomorrow you'll have 2 live football games...

I guess since France is not involved in the Women's football they didn't want to show it.  I think all the national host broadcasters like France 2 have only a limited number of hours (around 300) they are permitted to show?  That will be the reason. 

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

I guess since France is not involved in the Women's football they didn't want to show it.  I think all the national host broadcasters like France 2 have only a limited number of hours (around 300) they are permitted to show?  That will be the reason. 

France Television don't have the same limit of all the other European National broadcasters because they have the primary rights (even if I think they decided to share something with Canal+)...

in France Discovery is not a factor for the Olympics...

12 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

I think France is the exemption this time around as it still had the old deal and I don’t think did a deal with Europoort like the BBC did to help preserve 2022 and onwards. 

From 2022 France and UK come under the new deal.

39 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Like I said, the national host Broadcasters have the rights until year end. After that they revert to the IOC, and so will eventually get onto the Olympics TV Channel, yes.

Same as in Rio. Only exception was London, IOC broadcasted games freely for Africa, i remember that.

Thanks for your reply.

7 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

Same as in Rio. Only exception was London, IOC broadcasted games freely for Africa, i remember that.

Thanks for your reply.

And (some parts) of Southeast Asia too... I remembered it since I streamed it from Youtube without VPN despite we have the National TV broadcasting it.

London was the anomaly Games :p 

58 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Huh, so Eurosport decided to broadcast the :MEX v :JPN softball match on ES1 after they didn't have the 4 previous matches live on their channels? 

And the good news us we get German & French commentary!  Germans sound a bit out of their depth.