website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Broadcasters

On 17/07/2021 at 16:42, Grassmarket said:

Did not realise that you are not in the UK. Where are you? Can you subscribe locally?  Problem is, even if you can arrange payment, the UK version of the app might not work at all where you are.

I live outside UK. I have a premium VPN, so streaming is not a problem. 
The problem is that the payment isn't going through, as I don't have a UK card.
That's where I need help. 

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only difference I've seen so far between ESP and Discovery+ (the latter based on a screenshot from someone, I don't have a subscription to that one) seems to be the way the streams are organized. In Discovery+ they're all neatly named including the name of the sport and such, whereas in the ESP, like annoyingly is so often the case with multi sports events, many of the streams lack the name of the sport. This seems only a matter of details, but when the sport name isn't mentioned, it's significantly harder to search for a stream you want to (re)watch.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

22 hours ago, phelps said:

meanwhile this time we're gonna get 2 hours of Tamberi...lucky guys we are! :yikes: :rofl: :facepalm: :nopompom:

Damn it, just shaved, now I can't go for the Tamberi look again for a few days :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Only difference I've seen so far between ESP and Discovery+ (the latter based on a screenshot from someone, I don't have a subscription to that one) seems to be the way the streams are organized. In Discovery+ they're all neatly named including the name of the sport and such, whereas in the ESP, like annoyingly is so often the case with multi sports events, many of the streams lack the name of the sport. This seems only a matter of details, but when the sport name isn't mentioned, it's significantly harder to search for a stream you want to (re)watch.

On Eurosport, it's the same. At last from the TV App.

3 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

On Eurosport, it's the same. At last from the TV App.

My TV doesn't support these fancy things :d 

So as for TV, I just watch regular channels (which do include Eurosport 1 and 2, but only what they offer at that moment). Eurosport Player, and maybe Discovery+ (didn't decide about that one yet) is for my desktop, phone, tablet and other laptop :p 

11 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Eurosport Player has a new facelift :d

Oh crap, now I'm afraid to open it :lol: 

Never a fan of things like this coming with a major new look so shortly before something big, so you only have a very short time to get used to things :hairpull: 

So far it seems to look mostly the same though, with only a little difference in the top bar which now takes some extra space, God knows why. The streams are still listed in an annoyingly sport-less way, or at least many of them. Names like "Team - Mixed | Round of 16" and "Qualifying - Men | Day 1", come on :lol: 

Other than that, things didn't seem to change much. Still a daily chronological schedule with the same look, still a menu with all sports where you can select one sport. I only hope they changed the way they placed the streams in the sport-specific pages, they used to always have them chronologically, awesome, but then changed it to some sort of grouping in a non-chronological order.