website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Broadcasters

Our national broadcaster RTVS had finally the press conference about Tokyo 2020.

here are the main points:

60 members RTVS staff will fly to Tokyo

(20 of them will produce the whole Shooting coverage ordered by OBS !!! huge honor for our TV, so what you will see from Shooting in Tokyo will be made by complete Slovak TV production from Directors to cameramens)

Our TV will have a Studio in Tokyo (Canoe Slalom :p) from which they will broadcast the entire Olympics, 2 moderators will alternate in the studio.

The live coverage will start daily at 01:00 AM and finish around 17:00, with the main focus on Slovak athletes, the TV aim to show everything possible from our athletes during the competitions, then they want to cover the most Finals it will be possible, main focus on Athletics and Canoe sport, but also want to show all finals of other sports either live or delay or on shortened delayed replays.

9 Commentators will comment directly from the games, 8 other reporters will work there to present everything around our athletes, our delegation, interviews etc.

After 17:00 the TV will have 2 hours Summary of the Day repeating what happened during that day. Followed until midnight with main replays.

Two 10 minutes entrances from the Olympic festival studio in Šamorín are prepared every day to follow what is happening in Šamorín.

Also the Radio section will have its members in the group, every night from 4:30 AM there will be a Tokyo Live in our radio following what is happening there, and during the day they will have several special inputs.

Everything what will be in TV (Sadly based on the sublicense deal with discovery only in RTVS 2 and in a limit of 320 hours of live coverage) will be also on stream on RTVS website platform which will be released the 19th of July in full HD.

https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/2tl1n50/najambicioznejsia-operacia-v-historii-sportoveho-vysielania-na-slovensku-rtvs-vysle-do-tokia-60-ludi/

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, hckošice said:

do you know if it is available in SK ?

I do not know, but i thought that everything from Czech is available for SK :-D

I should have paid O2 TV Sport Pack. I am using it for watching WTA tournaments and it goes well.

5 minutes ago, stepansevs said:

I do not know, but i thought that everything from Czech is available for SK :-D

I should have paid O2 TV Sport Pack. I am using it for watching WTA tournaments and it goes well.

We have O2SK but it does not look to have the 7 Eurosports.

nevermind, I have ČT Sport, RTVS 2, Eurosport 1 & 2 in TV and obvioulsy the mandatory Eurosport player. so it should be fine. baring electricity outage , but with the current storms in the area you never know

2 minutes ago, hckošice said:

We have O2SK but it does not look to have the 7 Eurosports.

nevermind, I have ČT Sport, RTVS 2, Eurosport 1 & 2 in TV and obvioulsy the mandatory Eurosport player. so it should be fine. baring electricity outage , but with the current storms in the area you never know

Yes. I remember Athens 2004. There were some trouble in "cable" TV one morning. So my father must put some anteena to curtain in order to follow 3 hours of 95%"zrnění" a 5% of canoeing slalom (with Martikán if i remember correctly). Yes, it was in Slovak TV :-D

31 minutes ago, nenad said:

So, there's no way to manually set up video quality on ESP Player, only auto?

yes, it's "adaptive"...

by the way, it doesn't require a super-wide bandwidth to work at max rate, the problem is that it's not working the same way on all devices...

basically, if you want to be sure at 100% to reach always the top picture quality, you must have an apple tv 4K (last and forelast generation)...

in particular, it doesn't work well at all on the android tv/android box devices and on the amazon firesticks (even if on this last device the reports are controversial, some people can see the streams at 1080p/50fps, but many others can only go up to 720p/25fps -which is my case, despite I have a 1 GB FTTH broadband connection and my devices are all connected with cable, no wifi)...

moreover, some streams are actually uploaded at 25fps frame rate by discovery*, so, it's not up to your device/internet connection...it's their fault...

*here in Italy, they only kept 25fps streams for all the euroleague/eurocup games without Italian teams on the floor, for instance...

or for some more sports with minor interest in the average spectators (very exigent people like me don't count at all in Italy, as we're such a minority)...

our main tv/tech forum is full of people complaining against discovery, but it looks that they don't care at all...:facepalm: :wall: