website statistics

Badminton BWF World Championships 2019

opruh

@Griff88

Okay, a twist in the "re-draw case". According to the Danish media, TV 2 SPORT, Kate Foo Kune, who was removed from the draw, has been suspended from all badminton since July due to an ongoing doping case. :yikes: 

As a result, BWF initially conducted a draw with a player who themselves had suspended. :facepalm:

According to several sources close to Kate Foo Kune, both the A and B test have turned out to be positive.

http://sport.tv2.dk/badminton/2019-08-09-dopingsag-skyld-i-vm-kaos-suspenderet-spiller-var-med-i-lodtraekningen (in Danish)

Damn, Kate Foo Kune was my favorite player :cry:. She didn’t need to dope. What a poor player, absolutely dumb decision. Well, here ends a guaranteed Olympic spot for :MRI.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, wumo26 said:

@Griff88

Okay, a twist in the "re-draw case". According to the Danish media, TV 2 SPORT, Kate Foo Kune, who was removed from the draw, has been suspended from all badminton since July due to an ongoing doping case. :yikes: 

As a result, BWF initially conducted a draw with a player who themselves had suspended. :facepalm:

According to several sources close to Kate Foo Kune, both the A and B test have turned out to be positive.

http://sport.tv2.dk/badminton/2019-08-09-dopingsag-skyld-i-vm-kaos-suspenderet-spiller-var-med-i-lodtraekningen (in Danish)

Thanks!

Still wondering why BWF don't just explain it at the first hand lol

Just now, up and down said:

There are lots of last minute withdrawals from playing in Basel World Championship 2019. Will there be any replacement of players for those players who have withdrawn from playing? Or will it just be a walkover match? Any idea?

There will be no replacements. If your opponent withdrew, it's a walkover. I already know that :DEN Jan Ø Jørgensen is through to the second round because :FRA Brice Leverdez has withdrawn. 

20 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

There will be no replacements. If your opponent withdrew, it's a walkover. I already know that :DEN Jan Ø Jørgensen is through to the second round because :FRA Brice Leverdez has withdrawn. 

Thank you for telling me. Thank you for the clarification.