website statistics

Snowboarding FIS World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

11 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Results were based on the Friday qualifiers only: bad weather meant the Saturday Finals never took place.

The women, that is. The men did compete in the final.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, hckosice said:

Well @dezbee2008 might be your best chance to see a Winter Olympic sport live. I’ve heard they don’t do much skiing in Florida (though that’s where most of our speed skaters come from oddly enough)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, hckosice said:

There was a parallel slalom World Cup in Rotterdam a few years back. 

15 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well @dezbee2008 might be your best chance to see a Winter Olympic sport live. I’ve heard they don’t do much skiing in Florida (though that’s where most of our speed skaters come from oddly enough)

As a Floridian, I find our abundance of speed skaters odd too. Some of Florida's best speed skaters are based in Ocala

16 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

That made me google most of the top speed skaters through the past 20 years or so and I came up with Washington, Illinois, Wisconsin, California, Illinois, Texas, Illinois, North Carolina, Illinois, New York, Illinois, Wisconsin and only one when I got to Joey Mantia I found one from Florida :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

That made me google most of the top speed skaters through the past 20 years or so and I came up with Washington, Illinois, Wisconsin, California, Illinois, Texas, Illinois, North Carolina, Illinois, New York, Illinois, Wisconsin and only one when I got to Joey Mantia I found one from Florida :p 

I'm pretty sure that Jennifer Rodriguez is from Florida, too...

and Erin Jackson...

but I agree, there are a lot of great present and past US speedskaters who are definitely not from Florida (Chad Hedrick and Derek Parra above all)...

however, the fact that many of them come from places not famous for snow and ice is because they all start skating with roller skates and only when they discover to be good enough to compete at Olympic level they switch to ice speedskating (otherwise they have no reason to go away from their family and and start  a different sport -because skating on the ice and with roller skates are 2 different sports, with very few athletes in the world capable of getting world/olympic medals in both)...

Just now, phelps said:

I'm pretty sure that Jennifer Rodriguez is from Florida, too...

and Erin Jackson...

but I agree, there are a lot of great present and past US speedskaters who are definitely not from Florida (Chad Hedrick and Derek Parra above all)...

however, the fact that many of them come from places not famous for snow and ice is because they all start skating with roller skates and only when they discover to be good enough to compete at Olympic level they switch to ice speedskating (otherwise they have no reason to go away from their family and and start  a different sport -because skating on the ice and with roller skates are 2 different sports, with very few athletes in the world capable of getting world/olympic medals in both)...

How dare you put them above one of the friendliest dudes ever in speed skating, Shani Davis :redcard: 

But fine, I guess we're going off-topic in a snowboarding thread :lol: Apologies

Just now, heywoodu said:

How dare you put them above one of the friendliest dudes ever in speed skating, Shani Davis :redcard: 

But fine, I guess we're going off-topic in a snowboarding thread :lol: Apologies

only because I fogot to name also Shani...:facepalm:

and yes, we're going a bit off-topic..but I love off-topics :lol: (sorry mods & admins :whistle:)