website statistics
  • Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features and follow all sports events with us here on Totallympics!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I noticed that I haven’t posted the official sports program which will see many changes from 2017. The events and schedule for each sport will be announced later this year apparently. Below is the spo

Oh and even tug of freaking war getting a mixed event, f*ck me sideways  

Be furious with the virus.  And the people who allowed it to run rampant that caused all this mess.  Everything else is a function of that.  Not the Olympics' fault they had to move

Posted Images

Wheelchair Basketball has been kicked off the sports program. Wushu will take it’s place. The invitational sports program is now: Duathlon, Lacrosse (Men), Wheelchair Rugby, Wushu, and American Football (M/W Flag)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I missed this, but last month the WFFD announced the countries qualified for the ultimate event in Flying Disc. Here is their explanation for how the quotas were allocated: 

“The WFDF Ultimate Committee led by WFDF Vice President Brian Gisel has considered whether a standalone qualifying tournament for TWG2022 would be feasible and it considered an early 2022 event proposal, but ultimately decided that it would not make sense. For that reason, and in light of the cancellation of WUGC 2020/21, the qualification of countries for The World Games 2022 will be based on Section 2 of the Qualification System for WFDF Ultimate World Games Events, Version 2008 – 1.1 (approved May 18th, 2008, and updated in 2019) which states: “The qualifying event for the World Games will be the most recent Ultimate World Championship event, which was held at least 8 months prior to the World Games.” In this case, the most recent Ultimate World Championship event is WUGC 2016.”

So the countries qualified in Flying Disc are: :AUS:CAN:COL:FRA:GER:GBR:JPN:USA

Poland is the only country that participated in Wroclaw that failed to qualify for Birmingham 2022. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela