website statistics

World Games 2022

Totallympics

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m more interested whether we can see it after the stream ends…

12 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

I’m more interested whether we can see it after the stream ends…

They did upload some replays after Wrocław 2017, especially a year after where most of the sessions broadcast were available on the Olympic Channel. Unfortunately, those videos mostly disappeared after updates to the Olympic Channel :(

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

if I'm not wrong a total of 40 athletes from Iran qualified for the WG but they are all being removed from IWGA website one by one. (13 are left but I believe it will be zero at the end)

WG is not under our NOC's umbrella and national federations had to go through the visa process on their own. some of them were smart enough to withdraw since they realized it doesn't worth it. (considering what country is hosting the event) but one federation which was VERY interested was Karate. they did everything in time to get the visa but the whole team got denied and WKF (instead of pushing the organizers to do something) just replaced Iranians with other athletes.

nobody probably knows or cares about the World Games here, I got interested in this event from 2017 but I surely will not follow this anymore. Thanks for showing us once more that how sports are not mixed with politics.

and I hope people here learn from this. it doesn't worth sending any team to certain hostile countries unless it's highly necessary.

18 minutes ago, MHSN said:

if I'm not wrong a total of 40 athletes from Iran qualified for the WG but they are all being removed from IWGA website one by one. (13 are left but I believe it will be zero at the end)

WG is not under our NOC's umbrella and national federations had to go through the visa process on their own. some of them were smart enough to withdraw since they realized it doesn't worth it. (considering what country is hosting the event) but one federation which was VERY interested was Karate. they did everything in time to get the visa but the whole team got denied and WKF (instead of pushing the organizers to do something) just replaced Iranians with other athletes.

nobody probably knows or cares about the World Games here, I got interested in this event from 2017 but I surely will not follow this anymore. Thanks for showing us once more that how sports are not mixed with politics.

and I hope people here learn from this. it doesn't worth sending any team to certain hostile countries unless it's highly necessary.

those VISA refusal requests from USA are being really annoying , noone here is saying that's because of political reasons and no one accounting US for these refusals , for Egypt Olympic Champion in Karate Feryal's Visa was rejected alongside the Olympian from karate also Ali el Sawy 

17 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

those VISA refusal requests from USA are being really annoying , noone here is saying that's because of political reasons and no one accounting US for these refusals , for Egypt Olympic Champion in Karate Feryal's Visa was rejected alongside the Olympian from karate also Ali el Sawy 

Makes 0 sense. It sucks athletes need to pay for stupid politics. It's insanely unfair.

Sport facilites in the US are really something else. There are only 200K habitants in Birmingham (metro 1.1M), yet they have two stadiums (47 & 71K), multiple indoor arenas (up to 18K), 3 baseball stadiums (each around 10K), an ice rink, a racetrack, a soccer stadium, an indoor athletics venue, etc.

11 hours ago, MHSN said:

Thanks for showing us once more that how sports are not mixed with politics.

10 hours ago, thepharoah said:

for Egypt Olympic Champion in Karate Feryal's Visa was rejected

That's really bad to know. Incidents like these don't really motivate me to watch a lot of these games. 

11 hours ago, thepharoah said:

wow I didn't know Egyptian athletes face the same kind of problems. :wacko: it's usually only our problem

one of the Iranians is the Olympic Champion Sajjad Ganjzadeh (the other 4 are world championships medalists too)

I can bet it's highly unlikely to see a headline on ITG or any other website about "two Olympic champions denied visa by the great mighty USA"