website statistics

World Games 2022

Totallympics

USA will play with both an A and a B team or is Israel actually decent in lacrosse? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

USA will play with both an A and a B team or is Israel actually decent in lacrosse? :p 

Don’t know. One of a few sports I don’t follow at all. Unfortunately the Iroquois Confederation is not allowed to participate in the tournament, and that’s a big loss for Lacrosse :(

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 4 weeks later...

Archery qualification document (can also be found on the first page along with other sport qualification documents): https://extranet.worldarchery.org/documents/index.php/documents/?doc=4836

Archery has seen an increase of 4 quotas I believe. The increase comes in the compound events, which now have 26 (instead of 24) archers each. There’s a catch however, the 2 new spots are for Para-athletes only. USA is guaranteed one, and the Tokyo2020 Paralympic champion is guaranteed the other. 

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 3 weeks later...

By the way, the IWGA has many replays available in their media archive. I’d say based off what’s on there, uploaded to YouTube, and streamed legitimately by IFs; I have most of the medal sessions and many sports complete from 2017 and 2013 at this point.

Sport Climbing qualification system has been posted: http://cdn.ifsc-climbing.org/images/World_Competitions/181221_WG_Qualification_event.pdf

So again, we’ll only see 12 climbers per gender, per discipline. Qualification is quite rough, and honestly makes the Olympic system look better somehow. :AUS and :RSA both will seemingly get free quotas in each event. I think the quota should be increased to 16 in each event (if Sport Climbing is to stay in the World Games).

We also already know the first quotas.

Women’s Lead: :SLO (Garnbret)

Women’s Boulder: :SLO (Garnbret)

Women’s Speed: :POL (Miroslaw A.)

Men’s Lead: :CZE (Ondra)

Men’s Boulder: :JPN (Narasaki)

Men’s Speed: :ITA (Fossali)

I’m not sure if Granbret fills both quota places, or if one is reallocated. 

EDIT: No longer accurate under current qualification system.

• 3 weeks later...

Qualification news seems to be slowly trickling out nowadays. I’d say it’s officially qualification season for the World Games. Just came across the Wakeboard qualification system today: https://iwwf.sport/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/2021-World-Games-Wakeboard-Selection-160120.pdf

We actually already know the quotas. The sole qualification criteria was the 2019 IWWF World Wakeboard Championships Team Overall Classification. The difficulty here is how athletes are nominated. The IWWF has made a list of athletes they deem to be eligible for the 2021 World Games, and have assigned countries a max amount of quotas. Here’s a quick round up:

3 Quotas (must send 1 male and 1 female + additional entry of choice): :AUS:USA

2 Quotas (must send 1 male and 1 female): :JPN:ITA

1 Quota (can chose either an eligible male or female): :FRA:BRA:MEX:GER:GBR:NZL:HKG:IRL:ARG:RUS:SUI:CHN:NED:THA:LAT:BEL:COL:ISR

First In Line For Reallocation: :ESP:TPE:SGP

Additionally, there are 2 Wild Card quotas left to be assigned by the IWWF. Being that every continent except for Africa is qualified, we can assume one will go there, and most likely too :RSA. The leading contenders for the other wild card (in my opinion) are: :UAE:LBN:INA

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve added a list of provisionally qualified countries to the first post. I’ll try to update the first post with more qualification as much as I can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...