website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Qualification Systems

35 minutes ago, rybak said:

Thanks

Are you 100% sure about road events in athletics? Some time ago I read that WA changed their mind and 50km race walkers and marathon runners can qualify since 1st September but then they returned to their previous decision that qualifications in all events are suspended till 1st December. I wonder since qualifications will return in December if then results achieved during indoor meetings will be counted as well or just those outdoor and date of 1st December is just "symbolic"

What about Judo Grand Slam in Budapest?

Today I checked that also Olympic ranking in golf was updated in Monday.

I'm sure the road events can give qualifiers, since the WA also has an updated Road to Tokyo on their site that confirms few standards achieved this autumn. 

You are right, I think golf competitions are valid for Olympic rankings, but for judo I am not sure, would have to check this out. 

32 minutes ago, Illya said:

European Sailing Champs (RS:X) in Portugal 22-28 November

Completely forgot about this, thanks ?

4 hours ago, rybak said:

What about Judo Grand Slam in Budapest?

Today I checked that also Olympic ranking in golf was updated in Monday.

Golf qualification is going on normally.

If I did not forget any sport. I believe that Tennis, Athletics(With restrictions) and Golf are the only sports where the qualification is opened, so far.

As the other people said. Sport Climbing has the first direct qualifier in November and 3 others in December.

Also, Sailing has this qualification event in November.

As for all the other sports, they either confirmed events only for next year or they've not confirmed them yet.

As for Judo. I tried to find info on their documents and websites

There's a FAQ on IJF's website where they don't quote any interruption and they say that the period of qualification ends on 28th June, 2021.

The same on the revised qualification system

But, there's a post on Brazilian Judo Federation's website. Where they say that this next event in Hungary will count for Olympic Ranking

6 hours ago, call me matt said:

So this is confirmed (I checked multiple sources), the Judo Grand Slam in Budapest will be the first major competition since the pandemic and will count for Olympic Ranking points, so we can expect a lot of the best judokas there. 

Yup, Paula Pareto will be there. 

18 minutes ago, call me matt said:

I tried to contact him on Twitter, but no response. I'm a bit worried about him, but I do hope he'll be back here soon

I also attempted to contact him during the summer, but got no reply :(

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 15/10/2020 at 02:07, Laraja said:

Golf qualification is going on normally.

If I did not forget any sport. I believe that Tennis, Athletics(With restrictions) and Golf are the only sports where the qualification is opened, so far.

As the other people said. Sport Climbing has the first direct qualifier in November and 3 others in December.

Also, Sailing has this qualification event in November.

As for all the other sports, they either confirmed events only for next year or they've not confirmed them yet.

As for Judo. I tried to find info on their documents and websites

There's a FAQ on IJF's website where they don't quote any interruption and they say that the period of qualification ends on 28th June, 2021.

The same on the revised qualification system

But, there's a post on Brazilian Judo Federation's website. Where they say that this next event in Hungary will count for Olympic Ranking

Is the ISL (International Swimming League) will be a qualification event? Will the standards for the Olympics be met here?

10 minutes ago, Illya said:

Is the ISL (International Swimming League) will be a qualification event? Will the standards for the Olympics be met here?

How I can understand-no. For example, French swimmers can achieve standards during the National Championships.