website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Qualification Systems

1 hour ago, Illya said:

Is the ISL (International Swimming League) will be a qualification event? Will the standards for the Olympics be met here?

I don't think so. Maybe @call me matt could give you a better answer about this.

But I have some info here:

From Qualification System - Standard entry times can only be achieved in competitions approved for that purpose by FINA during the qualification period from 1 st March 2019 to 27 th June 2021...

...FINA will establish a calendar with approved qualification events for individual entries. The calendar will be published on www.fina.org and updated occasionally until February 2021; it includes FINA World Championships; Continental Championships; Continental Qualification Events; National Championships and Trials and Qualification Events approved by FINA. At all qualifying events approved by FINA, only Referees and Starters on FINA Officials Lists are eligible. The timing system for the events must also be described by the Organiser.

Right now, there is not any swimming event confirmed on their website.

Also, a memo from FINA about the qualifying events. And two different links where they listed all previous and future qualifying events. (But, it seems not so well updated)

Link 1

Link 2

• 5 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

@call me matt - can you confirm that the next week's Rhytmic Gymnastics Europeans in Kiev are the qualification or are there going to be another European Champs in 2021 to serve as the qualifier?

Sadly I can't, but I can confirm that European Gymnastics decided to not held any Olympic qualification in 2020, so no European Championships will count on Road to Tokyo in all events. I can't find information if next year's Rhythmic Championships (held in Varna in June 2021) will be a qualification one or not...

1 hour ago, Vojthas said:

So, this week we come back to direct qualification tournaments with Sport Climbing Europeans in Moscow and RS:X Europeans in Vilamoura.

The competition will start this week, but we can expect Olympic qualifiers only next weekend. But at least, the competitions will start :cheer:

4 hours ago, call me matt said:

The competition will start this week, but we can expect Olympic qualifiers only next weekend. But at least, the competitions will start :cheer:

If this won't be cancelled in last moment, seeing number of cases in Russia...

1 hour ago, rybak said:

If this won't be cancelled in last moment, seeing number of cases in Russia...

Let's hope for the best, but to be honest, if they would've cancelled it, they already would, since the teams are in the final stages of packing to go for Moscow in the next days

On 17/10/2020 at 23:23, Laraja said:

I don't think so. Maybe @call me matt could give you a better answer about this.

But I have some info here:

From Qualification System - Standard entry times can only be achieved in competitions approved for that purpose by FINA during the qualification period from 1 st March 2019 to 27 th June 2021...

...FINA will establish a calendar with approved qualification events for individual entries. The calendar will be published on www.fina.org and updated occasionally until February 2021; it includes FINA World Championships; Continental Championships; Continental Qualification Events; National Championships and Trials and Qualification Events approved by FINA. At all qualifying events approved by FINA, only Referees and Starters on FINA Officials Lists are eligible. The timing system for the events must also be described by the Organiser.

Right now, there is not any swimming event confirmed on their website.

Also, a memo from FINA about the qualifying events. And two different links where they listed all previous and future qualifying events. (But, it seems not so well updated)

Link 1

Link 2

Ok , will entry standarts achieve in the Winter Ukrainian Champs in December in Dnipro ? Pool - 50 m.

1 hour ago, Illya said:

Ok , will entry standarts achieve in the Winter Ukrainian Champs in December in Dnipro ? Pool - 50 m.

For the moment this is not listed by FINA as a qualification event, but they update the list regularly, here is the link and you can check it when you need

https://www.fina.org/event/swimming-qualification-events/qualifying-events

• 4 weeks later...

@Matej @Laraja and others.

Since European QT in taekwondo is again postponed (this time to May) I was wondering which event as next (and when) will serve direct Olympic quotas, besides upcoming African and Oceanian climbing tournaments?

I don't count athletics, golf, judo and tennis as we all know that in those sports, most or all quotas will be given via rankings