website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Qualification Systems

2 hours ago, dcro said:

Yay, they cut quotas from small nations. Looks like they can no longer enter 1+1 athletes per default, but rather only 1 athlete. Thank God, Olympics will surely be saved with such measures! :lol:

Goodbye development of women's athletics in such countries. IOC's "gender equality" is such a scam.

Will this something bring to us?

3 hours ago, Jur said:

That's super sad...

At least in swimming they still can do it, but men, athletics is more global than swimming...

And sadly this would mean that a lot of woman would be left out, cause let's be clear, most of these poor countrys would rather have a men.

Yeah, unless a woman is clearly better than the men most federation would default to a man.

Only way of stopping this would be forcing universality quotas to be gender neutral. Or have the IOC force the IAAF to prioritize ~200 quotas for universality

4 hours ago, dcro said:

3x3 basketball has an interesting quota place dedicated for universality. Only nations who haven't participated in basketball at the last two Olympics are eligible.

Therefore, :ARG:AUS:BRA:CHN:CRO:FRA:LTU:NGR:RUS:SRB:ESP:TUN:USA:VEN:ANG:BLR:CAN:CZE:SEN:TUR will all be excluded...

where can be seen qulification system?

vor 5 Stunden schrieb dcro:

3x3 basketball has an interesting quota place dedicated for universality. Only nations who haven't participated in basketball at the last two Olympics are eligible.

Therefore, :ARG:AUS:BRA:CHN:CRO:FRA:LTU:NGR:RUS:SRB:ESP:TUN:USA:VEN:ANG:BLR:CAN:CZE:SEN:TUR will all be excluded...

Are you sure? Thats like the most insane rule i ever heard, this makes 3 x 3 basketball even more ridiculous than U23 football. Do you know whether a nation can qualify both a regular team and a 3 x 3 team? Would it for example be possible for Germany to qualify a mens team and a 3 x 3 mens team?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

I hate the new IAAF system, it basically discriminates younger athletes, for them it will be much more difficult to gain a good world ranking. Also very unfair for athletes who are injured for 1-2 years prior to the olympics and therefore cant gain a good ranking. I never thought that i would say this, but IAAF should take FINA as an example.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor einer Stunde schrieb DaniSRB:

if i understood well, you can basicly buy place in basketball OQT :lol:

So? Thats how its been for the last olympics already, nothing new.

8 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Are you sure? Thats like the most insane rule i ever heard, this makes 3 x 3 basketball even more ridiculous than U23 football. Do you know whether a nation can qualify both a regular team and a 3 x 3 team? Would it for example be possible for Germany to qualify a mens team and a 3 x 3 mens team?

That's only for one out of the eight quotas. Still a dumb rule, 8 teams is too small for to try and pull for universality (or even continental quotas).