website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Qualification Systems

1 hour ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Then it looks bad for the German men, given that they failed to qualify for the World Championships and didn't do well in the World League. They will lose many points after the World Championships 2014 are deleted. European Championships don't seem to count anymore?

I don't know what will happen with the points gained in the World League. European Championships only count towards the CEV ranking, which should (?) be used to determine the teams in the European Qualification Tournament.

But nothing is confirmed yet, I don't think that this new system has been approved by the IOC.

Edited by Dunadan

Sport Climbing, IFSC Olympic Qualification Event

The IFSC Executive Board elected the city that will host the Olympic Qualifying event in 2019 ahead of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.

Among four strong candidates (Chongqing, Los Angeles, Moscow and Toulouse) the Board chose the French city of Toulouse.

The “Federation Francaise de la Montagne et de l’Escalade” (FFME) presented a very detailed dossier, based on its experience in organising international events.
A special recognition goes to the other candidates: CFR, CMA and USAC.

Full news (in French):

https://www.ffme.fr/escalade/article/le-tournoi-de-qualification-olympique-en-france-en-2019.html

On 5/15/2018 at 11:00, Dunadan said:

canoe slalom (reviewed in october 2017 so maybe not the final version):

http://olimpiyat.org.tr/Tokyo2020_Branslar/Kano.pdf

The ICF have published that very same document on their website. The March date contained in the URL below suggests it is effectively the final version.

https://www.canoeicf.com/sites/default/files/final_2018-03-16_tokyo_2020_qualification_system_canoe_slalom_eng.pdf

The canoe sprint QS isn't ready yet, though there is talk of changing the quota from one event berth per NOC to two (whether that applies to all events or some is currently unknown).

Edited by Edvid

Il 15/4/2018 Alle 00:56, sami-eg ha scritto:

For the qualification events calendar i have it till now

waiting for other sports qualification pdf

Competition.xlsx

sami-eg, can you post an upgrade of that file, please? Seems like perfect for me

I've just been having a look into Triparite nations for 2020 and if the usual rules are used (max 8 athletes over past 2 Olympics excluding team sports) then this is who should be eligible:

TRIPARTITE in 2016 but not in 2020:

:ANG:BAR:BOL:BIH:CGO:COK:FIJGHA.gif:HONCIV.gif:JOR:LBN:PAN:PAR:SYR:UAE

Eligible 2020:

AF: :BEN:BOT:BUR:BDI:CPV:CAF:CHA:COM:CODDJI.gifGEQ.gifGAB.gifGAM.gifGUI.gifGBS.gifLES.gifLBR.gifLBA.gif

MAD.gifMAW.gifMLI.gifMTN.gifMOZ.gifNIG.gifRWA.gifSEY.gifSLE.gifSOM.gifSSD.gifSUD.gifSWZ.gifSTP.gifTAN.gifTOG.gifZAM.gif (-4 NOCs)

AM: :ANT:ARU:BIZ:BER:IVB:CAY:DMA:GUY:HAI:NCA:SKN:LCA:VIN:SUR:ISV (-5 NOCs)

AS: :AFG:BAN:BHU:BRU:CAM:IRQ:LAO:MDV:MYA:NEP:OMA:PAK:PLE:SRI:TLS:YEM (-4 NOCs)

EU: :AND:KOS:LIE:MKD:MLT:MNE:MON:SMR (-1 NOC)

OC: :ASA:FSM:GUM:KIR:MHL:NRU:PLW:PNG:SAM:SOL:TGA:TUV:VAN (-2 NOCs)

I can't find any nations who will become Tripartite in 2020 having not been one in 2016, the closest is Grenada who have 17 at the last 2 games, 1 over the limit. I feel liek the 2020 list is a better representation of the smaller nations than 2016 and should lead to a better distribution of quota as Honduras, Panama and Lebanon were given quite a few each last time. Potentially risky for Cook Islands, Syria and Congo who may struggle to qualify athletes outside of tripartite/universality quota.

Have you counted tripartite athletes for this? I think only qualified athletes count, so if someone gets to 7 or 8 due to wild cards, it should still be eligible.

EDIT: I see that the TC document says just "8 athletes".

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

At the moment boxing is under investigation and may not be included in Tokyo2020 Olympics. However, as in Rio, probably they will be allowed to compete if they have a relative lower rank and are able to win a qualifying tournament. I'm not sure they could enter only the last tournament, because I feebly remember that the decision was taken "on course" of qualifications, so that was their only chance for a matter of time.

8 minutes ago, dcro said:

Have you counted tripartite athletes for this? I think only qualified athletes count, so if someone gets to 7 or 8 due to wild cards, it should still be eligible.

EDIT: I see that the TC document says just "8 athletes".

Yeah I looked into this and it seems to say all athletes, because some more nations would have been eligible in 2016 that weren’t because of Tripartite quota in 2012 that tipped them slightly over 16 athletes.