website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Qualification Systems

3 ore fa, Benolympique ha scritto:

very interesting...

nice simulation of the current situation (of course I hope it would change a bit from now to the end of the qualification period...just to see Italy qualified :d)......

1 ora fa, phelps ha scritto:

very interesting...

nice simulation of the current situation (of course I hope it would change a bit from now to the end of the qualification period...just to see Italy qualified :d)......

I think that to increase the number of countries that qualify to the Olympics, probably they will divide qualification in two different pathways, allowing countries to qualify only in one way. For example, nations can get maximum 2 places through ISA Games; then, only nations that have not qualified in that way will get qualified athletes through ranking, and only 1 per nation.

I'll do this way if I was in them...

2 ore fa, AlFHg ha scritto:

I think that to increase the number of countries that qualify to the Olympics, probably they will divide qualification in two different pathways, allowing countries to qualify only in one way. For example, nations can get maximum 2 places through ISA Games; then, only nations that have not qualified in that way will get qualified athletes through ranking, and only 1 per nation.

I'll do this way if I was in them...

I hope they don't...WSL surfers are by far the best in the world...so, I hope that they will be considered first...then, they can easily go to the lower quality ISA stuff (hoping that the most possible WSL guys would eventually really take part in those competitions)...

because it's a good thing to see Countries like CRC, PER, POR and others having real shots at qualifying, but in a 20 starters field only we need the biggest number of top athletes to make a decent competition...