website statistics

Men's Basketball NBA 2019 - 2020

hckošice

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Hmm, a tweet I saw last night was correct.

Critics will attack LeBron James no matter what.

I'm against all political boycotts so I actually support LeBron forcing the issue.

As for LeBron's ego, it's obvious at age 35 he wants to go out as #1 no matter what Leonard, Giannis or Doncic do elsewhere :p

• 1 month later...

To everyone's surprise, China state-owned television CCTV suddenly announced that it will resume NBA broadcasting. It will live streaming tomorrow's G5 between Lakers and Heat. Apparently some secret agreement has been reached between NBA committee and CCTV and it will save both side's poor viewership ratings this year.

Originally NBA is banned on CCTV due to its support of "freedom of speech" towards Hong Kong pro-democracy protests. During the BLM movement, some Chinese laughed at the situation that NBA African American players' "freedom of speech" towards their own issues is also not welcomed and being asked to shut up and just play the games by Americans. Maybe after the BLM movement and the LeBron's boycotting, some understandings have been made. 

FYI: NBA is never fully banned in China, the internet broadcasting license belongs to the private-owned company Tencent and it has been online broadcasting the games normally