website statistics

Men's Basketball NBA 2019 - 2020

hckošice

42 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It appears as though the Bucks and Magic have boycotted their playoff game today. I’m so proud of my team and what they stand for :rolleyes::wub::cry:

If they don’t care enough to play, why should anyone care to watch?  Ratings are already in the toilet, this ought to kill them.  Just end the season already.

1 minute ago, Grassmarket said:

If they don’t care enough to play, why should anyone care to watch?  Ratings are already in the toilet, this ought to kill them.

If you don’t support the athletes. Why do you care?

Are athletes not allowed to be affected by events on their communities?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Boycotting games because of an ongoing political event is just dumb (unless the organizers are responsible for the situation). Just look at what the Hungarian athletes did a couple of weeks after the Hungarian revolution in 1956. They went to the Olympics and won 9 gold medals. And they beat the Soviet Union in water polo, in one of the most historical matches of the sport ever. They proved that their community can't be beaten by oppression. That's far more powerful than delaying a competition. 

10 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

Kick all these teams out of the playoffs and be done with it. These are the same players who would beat the shit out of "social injustice protesters" if they came too close to their car.

So kick every team out of the playoffs then? Six already showed they were willing to go this far before the NBA scrambled to save face, and a further two had already the indicated they would.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, crovitlaci said:

Good thing this is not about China, so the athletes can be on the right side of "social justice".

That is where I think legitimate criticism of the players is deserved. Obviously, police brutality is much closer to home for them, but that did miss a good opportunity to use their voices before.

Players are the ones who have all rights to play or not noone can force u to go to work unless u want , now it's matter of their clubs and NBA organization to see if they deserve to be punished or not just as simple as that , for me i don't watch basketball almost if it's not about NBA and i'm really sad to miss tonight's games but these players have the rights to express their anger at the end of the day