website statistics

Sprint Canoeing ICF World Championships 2019

Totallympics

Just now, dcro said:

Overall there is only one reallocated place, meaning that only C1 can be filled. Qualification system doesn't assume that 9th placed boat in C2 already has an athlete qualified in C1.

The remaining athlete quota places in each of the Male and Female Canoe pools will be reallocated to the highest ranked NOCs not yet qualified in the relevant C2 event at the 2019 ICF Canoe Sprint World Championships, to enable those NOCs to fill the C2 boats.

It would "enable" Czech Republic to fill their C2 boat. It doesn't say anything about that the C1 quota (that the country already has) can't be counted for C2. 

Edited by Vektor

11 minutes ago, Vektor said:

It would "enable" Czech Republic to fill their C2 boat. It doesn't say anything about that the C1 quota (that the country already has) can't be counted for C2. 

Yeah, but from what I understand, the qualification system suggests that only reallocated spots are used for reallocation, and not that they can be combined with already qualified athletes.

Czechs finishing 9th is just an accident, not really a rule. Would they be eligible if they finished 14th or 18th? I don't think so.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Yeah, but from what I understand, the qualification system suggests that only reallocated spots are used for reallocation, and not that they can be combined with already qualified athletes.

Czechs finishing 9th is just an accident, not really a rule. Would they be eligible if they finished 14th or 18th? I don't think so.

But they were the next best nation and happen to only need one quota. Just like Denmark only needed three quotas for the women's K4 500m. The only difference is that there were more quotas to be given.

Whether this is what the ICF intended is hard to say.

only few quotas for Asian athletes. :cry: I was hoping to China to at least qualify in men's C1 1000m. that could give Iran a good chance to qualify in Asia. but China failed therefore I guess there is absolutely no chance for Iran to qualify anything in this sport to Tokyo.

Just now, JoshMartini007 said:

But they were the next best nation and happen to only need one quota. Just like Denmark only needed three quotas for the women's K4 500m. The only difference is that there were more quotas to be given.

Whether this is what the ICF intended is hard to say.

I believe that Denmark was given 4 quotas (and that subsequently one more was returned as Joergensen is already qualified).

Still, that is all very circumstantial. I belive the qualification document is intended to work the same no matter who finished 9th.

#banbestmen