website statistics

Sprint Canoeing ICF World Championships 2019

Totallympics

Just now, Vektor said:

You would be still able to qualify 4 athletes in the European qualifiers and the World Cup. I mean, Germany failed to qualify in K4 in 2015, but managed to get 5 athlete quotas anyway and won the K4 gold in Rio. 

yeah, thanks for reminding me that, really kind of you :lol:

Just now, hckosice said:

yeah, thanks for reminding me that, really kind of you :lol:

lol, you at least won a medal. We didn't even reach the K4 final for the first time ever in the history of the Olympics, which was one of our lowest points in Rio for the whole Hungarian Olympic team. 

Just now, Vektor said:

lol, you at least won a medal. We didn't even reach the K4 final for the first time ever in the history of the Olympics, which was one of our lowest points in Rio for the whole Hungarian Olympic team. 

yes, I remember. but well, one of the very few failures, :HUN had such extremely successful OG in Rio, that one or two flops (W Water polo and M K4-1000m) should be considered like a (still painfull, I agree) but forgettable inconvenience. SVK in other hand can rely on only a very small limited medal chances events, so such flop would be dramatic for us (forget and never reopen London 2012 all the way)  :d

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Yeah, for canoeing you have boat quotas and athlete quotas. To add more confusion is the six athlete maximum in kayak events so we may have to wait for later until we figure out which events nations will choose to compete in.

But we’ll still know a concrete amount of athletes?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Well, we know that there will be 170 athlete quotas available at this WCh. And we will know by the end of September how the reallocation of the unused quotas went if some NOCs win too many quotas in kayak. 

Edited by Vektor

What about boat quotas? Will it be exceeded after the reallocation? And which countries will be taken into consideration - the 11th country in K4 or the first not qualified in K4 which have for example one athlete quota missing to create K4 (with athletes quotas from K1 and K2). I guess the 11th, but just want to be sure. And if there are three quotas available and 11th K4 not qualified anywhere else - these athletes quotas will be reallocated to country that needs 3, 2 or 1 quotas to complete K4 or it will go already to first not qualified K2?

11 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Well, we know that there will be 170 athlete quotas available at this WCh. And we will know by the end of September how the reallocation of the unused quotas went if some NOCs win too many quotas in kayak. 

ICF has been pretty bad at keeping us updated in the past. If they are anything like 2012 or 2016 we probably won't know until just before the Olympics.

Just now, Vojthas said:

What about boat quotas? Will it be exceeded after the reallocation? And which countries will be taken into consideration - the 11th country in K4 or the first not qualified in K4 which have for example one athlete quota missing to create K4 (with athletes quotas from K1 and K2). I guess the 11th, but just want to be sure. And if there are three quotas available and 11th K4 not qualified anywhere else - these athletes quotas will be reallocated to country that needs 3, 2 or 1 quotas to complete K4 or it will go already to first not qualified K2?

There are two ways the athlete quotas are reallocated

If the same athlete qualifies in both K1 events the athlete quota will be given in the longer distance and the other athlete quota will be given to the next best ranked nation in the 200m

If the same athlete qualifies in different boat classes (K1, K2 and K4 or C1 and C2) then the additional athlete quotas will be pooled in four groups (men's kayak, women's kayak, men's canoe, women's canoe) and given to the next highest ranking K4 boat (then K2 then K1 if not enough athlete quotas remain) and C2 boat (then C1 if not enough athlete quotas remain)

Just now, JoshMartini007 said:

ICF has been pretty bad at keeping us updated in the past. If they are anything like 2012 or 2016 we probably won't know until just before the Olympics.

There are two ways the athlete quotas are reallocated

If the same athlete qualifies in both K1 events the athlete quota will be given in the longer distance and the other athlete quota will be given to the next best ranked nation in the 200m

If the same athlete qualifies in different boat classes (K1, K2 and K4 or C1 and C2) then the additional athlete quotas will be pooled in four groups (men's kayak, women's kayak, men's canoe, women's canoe) and given to the next highest ranking K4 boat (then K2 then K1 if not enough athlete quotas remain) and C2 boat (then C1 if not enough athlete quotas remain)

I know these words, I have access to the document. ;) I'm just not sure about the interpretation of them.