website statistics

Sprint Canoeing ICF World Championships 2019

Totallympics

I expect clearly worse results for Germany this year, i would say 2 golds in olympic disciplines at best. I have absolutely no clue why Rendschmidt and Liebscher won't compete in any individual olympic discipline, complete waste of potential.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

30 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I expect clearly worse results for Germany this year, i would say 2 golds in olympic disciplines at best. I have absolutely no clue why Rendschmidt and Liebscher won't compete in any individual olympic discipline, complete waste of potential.

During the Finals in Berlin, the German Coach said in an interview, that they nominated the team to win as many quota places for the OIympics as possible and that medals at the World Championships are secondary this time. Remember that an athlete can only win one quota place, even if he competes in several disciplines.

1 hour ago, EselTheDonkey said:

During the Finals in Berlin, the German Coach said in an interview, that they nominated the team to win as many quota places for the OIympics as possible and that medals at the World Championships are secondary this time. Remember that an athlete can only win one quota place, even if he competes in several disciplines.

It is athlete's quota, but they can win the boat quota? For example K2 being part of K4 and they can start in both events in Tokyo, but they can use only four athletes, unless other athletes get K1 quotas, right?

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

so 5 quotas are available in K1, 6 in K2 and C1, 8 in C2 and 10 in K4 (with a special exception of at least 4 different continents must be represented among the qualified boats).

Pretty much, though one more can be added through host quota reallocation.

Just now, JoshMartini007 said:

Pretty much, though one more can be added through host quota reallocation.

Sure, still the goal for all european crews is now to finish among the top 7 in K4 to qualify, not an easy task at all, hopefully we will be able to do it, otherwise it will be a true catastrophe, don´t want to even imagine it...

Just now, hckosice said:

Sure, still the goal for all european crews is now to finish among the top 7 in K4 to qualify, not an easy task at all, hopefully we will be able to do it, otherwise it will be a true catastrophe, don´t want to even imagine it...

You would be still able to qualify 4 athletes in the European qualifiers and the World Cup. I mean, Germany failed to qualify in K4 in 2015, but managed to get 5 athlete quotas anyway and won the K4 gold in Rio. 

Plus there's also a chance that one (or two?) more K4 boats will qualify with the reallocation.