website statistics

Sprint Canoeing ICF World Championships 2019

Totallympics

8 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

I need a clarification.

What is maximum of participants just in kayak? 12? 6+6?

Yep, 12 (6+6) in kayak, 6 (3+3) in canoe. 

And I still can't find the entry list anywhere on the Hungarian sites. I guess we will get the start lists tomorrow. 

Just now, Vektor said:

Yep, 12 (6+6) in kayak, 6 (3+3) in canoe. 

And I still can't find the entry list anywhere on the Hungarian sites. I guess we will get the start lists tomorrow. 

Thanks.

I see that Hungary will send 8 male kayakers. In case that they earn quotas in every discipline, what will be disribution of quotas? 2 will stay in home. How will federation decide who will go and who wont? This 12 rule is really anoying.

Just now, ChandlerMne said:

Thanks.

I see that Hungary will send 8 male kayakers. In case that they earn quotas in every discipline, what will be disribution of quotas? 2 will stay in home. How will federation decide who will go and who wont? This 12 rule is really anoying.

Yeah, there are two possible distributions in that case: K4 + K2 or K4 + K1 1000 + K1 200. Don't ask me what we would choose, because it doesn't really matter for us, I think? Either way, those 6 athletes will compete in all events, with 2 boats in K1 and K2 and 1 boat in K4. 

Edited by Vektor

Just now, Vektor said:

Yeah, there are two possible distributions in that case: K4 + K2 or K4 + K1 1000 + K1 200. Don't ask me what we would choose, because it doesn't really matter for us, I think? Either way, those 6 athletes will compete in all events, with 2 boats in K1 and K2 and 1 boat in K4. 

I understand.

Its unfair to exclude, lets say, Csizmadia from K1 in order to include someone else. 

ICF damaged this sport more than they think.

Triple gold medallist from last year's WCH, :CAN Laurence Vincent-Lapointe, has failed a doping test and has been provisionally suspended. 

https://www.canoeicf.com/noticies/vincent-lapointe-out-world-titles-after-failing-doping-test

Edited by wumo26

13 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

Triple gold medallist from last year's WCH, :CAN Laurence Vincent-Lapointe, has failed a doping test and has been provisionally suspended. 

https://www.canoeicf.com/noticies/vincent-lapointe-out-world-titles-after-failing-doping-test

11-times world champion, that is huge :yikes:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!