website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2019

Totallympics

and here is a summary of what happened to the Asian wrestlers and what's my expectation for the Asian OQT.

of course this is way too early. for example I have absolutely no idea who we are going to send at 65. but I'm sure whoever we send will be better than anybody else "on paper"

as for Iran, I'm 100% confident about 125, at 97 we have something like 5 candidates, the only wrestler I'm worried about is Ibragimov (UZB) who is getting old but still dangerous. at 65 all top Asian wrestlers are already qualified, there is no big name remaining but we don't have a great wrestler in this weight. whoever we send will be the favorite but still nothing is guaranteed.

but the weight I'm worried about more is 74kg. Abdurakhmanov beat our wrestlers so many times before and whoever we send will be underdog against him. beside him I think only the Indian representative can be dangerous (specially if they don't send Sushil Kumar)

and I have to say, my predictions are based on their current strength. we always see Ex-Soviet countries somehow "hire" ex Russian wrestlers in Olympic year. for example Uzbekistan is very weak in some weights, they always can buy some Russian wrestlers and make themselves strong.

Qualified: :IND:KAZ:IRI

Candidates: 1) :MGL 2) :PRK 3) :JPN 4) :KGZ 5) :UZB 6) :KOR 7) :CHN

Qualified: :IND:KAZ:JPN:MGL

Candidates: 1) :IRI 2) :CHN 3) :PRK 4) :BRN 5) :KOR 6) :UZB

Qualified: :KAZ:JPN

Candidates: 1) :UZB 2) :IRI 3) :IND 4) :KOR 5) :KGZ 6) :MGL

Qualified: :IND:IRI

Candidates: 1) :UZB 2) :JPN 3) :KGZ 4) :KAZ 5) :MGL 6) :LBN

* this one is wide open, if that Lebanese guy continues to represent them. all those 5-6 guys are close to each other. the order I wrote is kind of random.

Qualified: :KAZ

Candidates: 1) :IRI 2) :UZB 3) :MGL 4) :KGZ 5) :KOR 6) :IND

Qualified: :CHN:UZB:SYR

Candidates: 1) :IRI 2) :IND 3) :MGL 4) :KAZ 5) :KOR

Edited by MHSN

3 hours ago, MHSN said:

* this one is wide open, if that Lebanese guy continues to represent them. all those 5-6 guys are close to each other. the order I wrote is kind of random.

If you have time, can you do this for the other continents as well?

8 hours ago, MHSN said:

and here is a summary of what happened to the Asian wrestlers and what's my expectation for the Asian OQT.

of course this is way too early. for example I have absolutely no idea who we are going to send at 65. but I'm sure whoever we send will be better than anybody else "on paper"

as for Iran, I'm 100% confident about 125, at 97 we have something like 5 candidates, the only wrestler I'm worried about is Ibragimov (UZB) who is getting old but still dangerous. at 65 all top Asian wrestlers are already qualified, there is no big name remaining but we don't have a great wrestler in this weight. whoever we send will be the favorite but still nothing is guaranteed.

but the weight I'm worried about more is 74kg. Abdurakhmanov beat our wrestlers so many times before and whoever we send will be underdog against him. beside him I think only the Indian representative can be dangerous (specially if they don't send Sushil Kumar)

and I have to say, my predictions are based on their current strength. we always see Ex-Soviet countries somehow "hire" ex Russian wrestlers in Olympic year. for example is very weak in some weights, they always can buy some Russian wrestlers and make themselves strong.

Thanks Was waiting to see this...... I personally feel the Indian federation and wrestlers are being bullied in allowing sushil to still get the 74 place in the Indian team while we do have amit shankar Or jitender who was in 79 and did well .... I personally think it is time he retires but sushil sees this has last hurrah. So we will see him at the Asian qualifier and he is reserving his energy for the events he has the best chance at......         97 is  our weakest:  mausam has been there for years and no improvement, I think it is time someone like vicky a world junior medallist is coached and built up 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

3rd medal for :SVK wrestling (not counting the medals gained under Czechoslovakia, even if the world title of Jozef Lohyňa in Tokyo 1990 is still considered as the biggest slovak wrestling success of all times) second bronze since the independence.

2 bronze medals in 2003 and now in 2019 + 1 single silver from Makoev in 2017

0 - 1 - 2 now, we are slightly improving our combat sports records  :d

fYr2NMFiTXnmtdwYvwcEDA.2560~Strieborn-me

16 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

North Macedonia is really using to the max their naturalised Dagestani, Chechenyan or Ingushetian wrestlers.

All their medals are won by them. Just saying...

But i am glad that they won olympic quota.

Just browsed about Dagestan and looks like some good wrestlers come from here. What do you think is the reason for their success? 

11 hours ago, intoronto said:

If you have time, can you do this for the other continents as well?

sure I will do that for Europe and Pan-America later today. (African wrestlers rarely participate outside of their continent, I don't know much about them)

but keep in mind for obvious reasons I have much more information about the Asian wrestlers. but when it comes to Cuba for example they always surprise you by sending someone you didn't expect. but I will try :d