website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2019

Totallympics

il y a 34 minutes, MHSN a dit :

@Benolympique Khadjiev won the quota. congrats ! a bit of surprise but I knew he is tricky and always can surprise

I'm very happy, he has assured, and it feels good for the French struggle that is really at a low level... very disappointed for Koumba Larroque

The first session was almost perfect for Iran except the last match at 125kg ruined it a bit. it was a sure bronze only if Mohebbi could score one more. he is our reserve guy in this weight, I'm 100% sure about the quota in this weight in Asia. and I have absolutely no exception at 74kg. that was our worst wrestler ever !

on other hand, Atri won the quota at 55, and we will have 2 in the semifinal in non-Olympic weights. I wasn't expecting more but then that 125kg was really close. :(

Men's Freestyle Wrestling, Day #8 Finals

-70kg
Gold Medal match: :RUS David Baev vs :KAZ Nurkhoza Kaipanov
Bronze Medal match #1: :IRI Yones Emami vs :AUS Joshua Miguel Trambulo Riley / :GBR Nicolae Cojocaru
Bronze Medal match #2: :POL Magomedmurad Gadzhiev vs :UZB Ikhtyor Navruzov / :BLR Andrei Karpach / :GEO Zurabi Iakobishvili

-74kg
Gold Medal match: :RUS Zaurbek Sidakov vs :ITA Frank Chamizo Marquez
Bronze Medal match #1: :USA Jordan Ernest Burroughs vs :JPN Mao Okui / :POL Kamil Rybicki / :MEX Victor Eduardo Hernandez Luna
Bronze Medal match #2: :FRA Zelimkhan Khadjiev vs :KAZ Daniyar Kaisanov / :KOR Lee Seung Chul / :SUI Marc Dietsche

Olympic Quota so far: :ITA / :FRA / :RUS / :USA

-92kg
Gold Medal match: :IRI Ali Reza Karimi vs :USA J'den Michael Tbory Cox
Bronze Medal match #1: :GEO Irakli Mtsituri vs :KAZ Nurgali Nurgaipuly / :ALG Mohamed Fardj
Bronze Medal match #2: :RUS Alikhan Zhabrailov vs :UKR Liubomyr Sagaliuk / :MDA Georgii Rubaev

-125kg
Gold Medal match: :TUR Taha Akgul vs :GEO Geno Petriashvili
Bronze Medal match #1: :CHN Deng Zhiwei vs :UZB Khasanboy Rakhimov / :MDA Alexandr Romanov
Bronze Medal match #2: :UKR Oleksandr Khotsianivskyi vs :SYR Badzha Khutaba / :KOS Egzon Shala

Olympic Quota so far: :TUR / :CHN / :GEO / :UKR

there are some countries in the world, I never want them to host anything because they are not ashamed of any kind of cheating to get results. Kazakhstan is one of them.

yesterday Bajrang got robbed blatantly and today they did the same to our 70kg wrestler. in a normal world the score should be 13-6 in favor of Emami but they made him lose 7-6 !!! I'm not talking about 50/50 calls or small mistakes. that was blatant cheating. Kazakhstan normally has a mediocre freestyle team but now they are the 2nd best team behind Russia !!! mostly because they get dream draw and also because they got supports from the refs. this is really amazing all of Kazakh wrestlers are in the best part of the draw. I will make a summary at the end of the competition.

finally Karimi made it to the final , it will be against his arch rival Cox. he lost to this Russian wrestler once in the worst experience of his life. he was leading the match he was told from the corner "Ali you have to lose" and he lost. I'm sure he feels better now after destroying that Russian wrestler 10-0.

Just now, Dolby said:

Quota for either :SYR or :KOS in 125kg:thumbup:

What a lopsided draw in 86kg. Very light top draw compared to monstrous bottom draw. 

and guess where is Kazakhstan. always in the easier half.

I really hope someone stops that Israeli wrestler from winning a medal or quota. I don't think his first round opponent Lebanese wrestler (who is half American and is an Asian Games silver medalist) shows up tomorrow.

Syria and Kosovo are in the quota match thanks to the stupid draw system of UWW. even though I think it's good to see one of them at the Olympics. the Syrian guy is actually from Russia as I said last night. he is the favorite.