website statistics

Athletics EAA Team European Championships 1st League 2019

OlympicIRL

40 can't be divided by 3, so how's that gonna work for Norway? 13 events for Henrik, 13 for Filip and 14 for Jakob?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

33 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Just posting some predictions without even really looking into the teams. I think it will be pretty close though between the teams. Norway might have the advantage from the home crowd.

1. :NED
  2. :NOR 
  3. :BLR
  4. :BEL
  5. :POR
  6. :TUR
  7. :HUN
  8. :IRL
  9. :ROU
  10. :LTU
  11. :SVK

I think it's going to be tight between :NED:NOR and :BLR for the promotion slot. I would probably put Belgium a bit lower on the list, around 7th. But it's going to be very close!

20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

40 can't be divided by 3, so how's that gonna work for Norway? 13 events for Henrik, 13 for Filip and 14 for Jakob?

Something like that.

Kiplesund also jumped 8.00 about a month ago, Guttormsen jumped 5.75m last year at the EC, Grovdal finished 3rd at the EC on the 3.000m steeple, and Iuel did well at the Diamond League in Oslo on the 400m hurdles beating the other Europeans.

Henrik, Filip and Jakob can then split those other 36 events evenly.

Just now, OlympicIRL said:

I think it's going to be tight between :NED:NOR and :BLR for the promotion slot. I would probably put Belgium a bit lower on the list, around 7th. But it's going to be very close!

I agree with the favorites for the promotion slot.

The reason I put Belgium this high is that I don't see many bottom placements for them whereas I do foresee many finished around 4th or 5th place. I just don't see them in 7th having to fear for relegation.

To me, the reason I picked these bottom four are:

1. Ireland is not good at the field events. I can't think of any strong Irish athlete in the field events at the moment. That will cost them a lot of points. I foresee that they will finish many events around 5th-7th place.
  2. Romania is not that strong in the track events. I don't foresee a lot of top half finishes in those events and there are less field events to compensate for those. Honestly, if all countries bring their strongest teams, I don't see Romania winning any event. Maybe women's long jump or triple jump.
  3. Lithuania is strong in a number of events such as discus and javelin throw, but the track events are poor, often bottom two. Wouldn't be surprised if they would finish last in the relays on the men's side.
  4. Volko is good, but the guys from Turkey and the Netherlands are also good in those events, and one person on the men's side is not enough to carry the team. Mid and long-distance running, apart from the women's 800m seems to be non-existing there, there's not enough depth for strong relay teams, and shot put and discus are also not that strong. Just too many last places in my eyes which will not be compensated by many 'podium' finishes.

:NED Netherlands

ONDERDEEL

MANNEN

VROUWEN

100 meter

Hensley Paulina
(Rotterdam Atletiek)

Marije van Hunenstijn
(Prins Hendrik)

200 meter

Christopher Garia
(Rotterdam Atletiek)

Jamile Samuel
(Phanos)

400 meter

Liemarvin Bonevacia
(Rotterdam Atletiek)

Lisanne de Witte
(AV Trias)

800 meter

Tony van Diepen
(Haag Atletiek)

Marissa Damink
(Rotterdam Atletiek)

1500 meter

Richard Douma
(AV Zaanland)

Britt Ummels
(AV Unitas)

3000 meter

Mike Foppen
(AV Cifla)

Maureen Koster
(AAV '36)

5000 meter

Stan Niesten
(DEM)

Jip Vastenburg
(AV ’34)

110/100 meter horden

Job Beintema
(AV Trias)

Nadine Visser
(SAV)

400 meter horden

Nick Smidt
(AAC '61)

Femke Bol
(Altis)

3000 meter steeplechase

Noah Schutte
(Leiden Atletiek)

Irene van der Reijken
(Rotterdam Atletiek)

Hoogspringen

Douwe Amels
(AV Impala)

Lisanne Hagens
(ARV Ilion)

Polsstokhoogspringen

Rutger Koppelaar
(ARV Ilion)

Killiana Heijmans
(PAC)

Verspringen

Pieter Braun
(AV Sprint)

Tara Yoro
(AV 1923)

Hinkstapspringen

Tarik Tahiri
(Rotterdam Atletiek)

Nora Ritzen
(AV Unitas)

Kogelstoten

Denzel Comenentia
(AAC)

Melissa Boekelman
(Prins Hendrik)

Discuswerpen

Caspar Hattink
(Haag Atletiek)

Corinne Nugter
(AV NOP)

Kogelslingeren

Etiènne Orbons
(AV Unitas)

Wendy Koolhaas
(Groningen Atletiek)

Speerwerpen

Lars Timmerman
(Prins Hendrik)

Emma Oosterwegel
(AV Daventria 1906)

4x100 meter estafette

Hensley Paulina
(Rotterdam Atletiek)
Christopher Garia
(Rotterdam Atletiek)
Churandy Martina
(Rotterdam Atletiek)
Taymir Burnet
(Phanos Amsterdam)
Joris van Gool
(AV Spiridon)

Marije van Hunenstijn
(Prins Hendrik)
Jamile Samuel
(Phanos Amsterdam)
Nadine Visser
(SAV)
Nargelis Statia
(Rotterdam Atletiek)
Naomi Sedney
(ARV Ilion)
N'Ketia Seedo
(U-Track)

4x400 meter estafette

Liemarvin Bonevacia
(Rotterdam Atletiek)
Terrence Agard
(Rotterdam Atletiek)
Tony van Diepen
(Haag Atletiek)
Nick Smidt
(AAC '61)
Jochem Dobber
(AV Suomi)
Ramsey Angela
(PAC)

Bianca Baak
(Phanos)
Lieke Klaver
(SAV)
Maureen Ellsworth
(AV Lycurgus)
Eva Hovenkamp
(Climax)
Laura de Witte
(AV Trias)

14 minutes ago, Dennis said:

The reason I put Belgium this high is that I don't see many bottom placements for them whereas I do foresee many finished around 4th or 5th place. I just don't see them in 7th having to fear for relegation.

1. Ireland is not good at the field events. I can't think of any strong Irish athlete in the field events at the moment. That will cost them a lot of points. I foresee that they will finish many events around 5th-7th place.
  2. Romania is not that strong in the track events. I don't foresee a lot of top half finishes in those events and there are less field events to compensate for those. Honestly, if all countries bring their strongest teams, I don't see Romania winning any event. Maybe women's long jump or triple jump.
  3. Lithuania is strong in a number of events such as discus and javelin throw, but the track events are poor, often bottom two. Wouldn't be surprised if they would finish last in the relays on the men's side.
  4. Volko is good, but the guys from Turkey and the Netherlands are also good in those events, and one person on the men's side is not enough to carry the team. Mid and long-distance running, apart from the women's 800m seems to be non-existing there, there's not enough depth for strong relay teams, and shot put and discus are also not that strong. Just too many last places in my eyes which will not be compensated by many 'podium' finishes.

Maybe, but don't think Belgium will be so strong but they will be solid for sure. Don't think they will be relegated but I don't think they have the firepower either to score enough points to be 4th. But it's so tight in this division that teams yo-yo up and down the table from year to year. Switzerland were struggling for relegation and next thing they were promoted to Super League. Belgium were 4th in 2015 and in 2017 were 9th. And these trends are regular in this division.

And Ireland are extremely weak as always in field events so we will likely concede our chances of survival in those events. In recent years our track athletes have really saved our bacon but with 4 teams dropping down along with Russia then the chances of survival are not so good. But there is hope.

Edited by OlympicIRL

:IRL Ireland

Event Name
Men  
100m Leon Reid
200m Marcus Lawler
400m Chris O'Donnell
800m Mark English
1500m Andrew Coscoran
3000m John Travers
5000m Ryan Forsyth
3000m SC Jayme Rossiter
110mH Gerard O'Donnell
400m H Thomas Barr
High Jump David Cussen
Long Jump Shane Howard
Triple Jump Denis Finnegan
Pole Vault Sean Roth
Shot Put Eric Favors
Discus Colin Quirke
Hammer Ryan McCullough
Javelin Stephen Rice
4 x 100m Relay Eanna Madden
4 x 100m Relay Joseph Ojewumi
4 x 100m Relay Leon Reid
4 x 100m Relay Marcus Lawler
4 x 100m Relay Mark Smyth
4 x 100m Relay Stephen Gaffney
4 x 400m Relay Andrew Mellon
4 x 400m Relay Cathal Crosbie
4 x 400m Relay Chris O'Donnell
4 x 400m Relay Harry Purcell
4 x 400m Relay Thomas Pitkin
4 x 400m Relay Thomas Barr
Women  
100m Ciara Neville
200m Phil Healy
400m Sharlene Mawdsley
800m Katie Kirk
1500m Amy O'Donoghue
3000m Claire Tarplee
5000m Fionnuala McCormack
3000m SC Michelle Finn
100m H Sarah Lavin
400m H Nessa Millet
High Jump Pippa Rogan
Long Jump Ruby Millet
Triple Jump Saragh Buggy
Pole Vault Ellen McCartney
Shot Put Michaela Walsh
Discus Niamh Fogarty
Hammer Michaela Walsh
Javelin Kate O'Connor
4 x 100m Relay Ciara Neville
4 x 100m Relay Gina Akpe Moses
4 x 100m Relay Joan Healy
4 x 100m Relay Molly Scott
4 x 100m Relay Patience Jumbo Gula
4 x 100m Relay Rhasidat Adeleke
4 x 400m Relay Jenna Bromell
4 x 400m Relay Nessa Millet
4 x 400m Relay Nicole Walsh
4 x 400m Relay Phil Healy
4 x 400m Relay Sharlene Mawdsley
4 x 400m Relay Sophie Becker

2 hours ago, Dennis said:

Well the best results at national championship are

Iusco-Maricu - long jump - 6.92

Panturoiu Andreea - triple jump - 13.86

Miklos Andrea - 400 - 52.48

Belgyan Sanda - 400 mH - 57.91

Bobocea Claudia - 800 - 2:02 (DNS - 1500)

Stanciu Daniela - high jump - 1.96

Firfica Alexandru - discus throw - 65.93

Novac Alexandru - javelin throw - 75.48

Bitan Gabriel - long jump - 7.93

I think they all can win a medal and of course a lot of points

We are definitely saying goodbye to this league. Gudžius will not be starting, Palšytė injured, that's already at least 20 points right there. The team is going to be announced today, but a lot of our leaders are not going to be present, so it feels as if we're not even trying this time.