website statistics

Athletics EAA Team European Championships 1st League 2019

OlympicIRL

27 minutes ago, IoNuTzZ said:

Tomorrow we have at least 3 events with 1 point (pole vault men/women and 3000m steeplechase men) but in rest our best events are tomorrow (long jump women, high jump women, 1500 women, relay women, discus throw men, javelin throw men)so maybe we have a chance to finish in top 7 ....

In men's pole vault, I think you can manage 3 points so that could be vital :d

Tomorrow is also a very weak day for our team with men's triple jump, women's long jump and men's javelin expecting only 1 or 2 points and it's not like we are great in the pole vault or any of the other field events. So I think you have every chance of overtaking us. But could be an intense battle between Ireland, Romania, Hungary and Belgium with 2 going down. Hungary are expecting a strong day tomorrow but on the form of today and Friday's events, they re under-performing pretty much across the board.

I think Turkey will be safe, not troubling the leaders but just enough above the relegation scrap.

Just now, dcro said:

Why exactly is women's pole vault being held hours before anything else? :wacko:

I think it's because the organisers looked at the weather forecast and saw that the best chance for no rain would be around this time. They moved the pole vault from yesterday to today because of the chance of rain. Besides that, there are two pole vault events today, so scheduling could be a reason.

Edited by wumo26

Terrible disaster for the Irish girl in the 100m hurdles - was up and contending for a top three finish, hit a hurdle, came to a dead stop and had to walk in for two points. f

five points of course.

Into the relegation zone...

Edited by Grassmarket