website statistics

Athletics EAA Team European Championships 1st League 2019

OlympicIRL

On ‎31‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 18:46, Dennis said:

Just posting some predictions without even really looking into the teams. I think it will be pretty close though between the teams. Norway might have the advantage from the home crowd.

1. :NED
  2. :NOR 
  3. :BLR
  4. :BEL
  5. :POR
  6. :TUR
  7. :HUN
  8. :IRL
  9. :ROU
  10. :LTU
  11. :SVK

Some thoughts after today:

• Today's winners:  :BLR and :POR are the teams that did the best today. They are the clear numbers 3 and 4 for me now.

• Today's losers: Maybe weird to say this as they are the #1 after today, but :HUN might be my biggest disappointment of the day. Not because of the two finals which were contested today, but because of the preliminaries in all the sprint events. Maybe they saved energy for the finals? Might not be the case though as they missed 4 of them.

• Promotion: :NED still the clear favorite for me to get into the Superleague next year. :NED and :NOR met the expectations so far. However, :BLR and :POR are getting closer. Too bad only one team gets promoted, because these four teams would have had an intense battle for three spots.

• Relegation: If :HUN wasn't saving energy, then :ROU and :IRL saw their chances of staying in this league increasing, with :IRL being the favorite to stay in this division for me taking today's positive results into account. :SVK also did well compared to other teams based on how close they were to their SBs, but I still don't see them finishing higher than last place. :LTU met the expectations I'd say, with a positive outlier on the women's 400m compensating for the slightly disappointing women's 200m.

3 hours ago, Dennis said:

:LTU met the expectations I'd say, with a positive outlier on the women's 400m compensating for the slightly disappointing women's 200m.

Well, I wouldn't call Morauskaitė an outlier, she is strong and her SB didn't look as good mainly because she was focusing on the 400m hurdles.

As for the 200m, it is not slightly disappointing, it is highly disappointing. Even with Agnė recovering from an injury, I would have never expected her to run closer to 25s, than 24s.