website statistics

Athletics EAA Team European Championships 1st League 2019

OlympicIRL

I wasn't sure whether to make a general thread for the European Team Championships or one specifically for the First League. But as I want to have somewhere to discuss the First League, I opened one anyway, so I'll let the admins decide.

Anyway, the First League contains the nations of quite a few Totallympians so should be good scrap.... expecting @Werloc @hckosice and @heywoodu, to be interested at least :p

So it's more complicated than usual this year. Instead of the 3 up, 3 down in terms of promotion / relegation, with changes in the amount of teams in the Super League for 2021, it means only 1 team will be promoted, and 5 teams will be relegated to the Second League. This makes it much harder for nations like Ireland to stay afloat this year.

Russia also are still ineligible to compete so they will be one of the 5 relegated teams and only 11 teams will take part.

So you need to be in the top 7 to remain in the First League for 2019, the winner gets promoted to a new 8-team Super League, and positions 8th-11th fall through the trap door to the Second League.... God help us @Werloc and @hckosice  :d

European Team Championships 2019 - 1st League

Rk   Nation Pts
1   :BLR Belarus 0
2   :BEL Belgium 0
3   :HUN Hungary 0
4   :IRL Ireland 0
5   :LTU Lithuania 0
6   :NED Netherlands 0
7   :NOR Norway 0
8   :POR Portugal 0
9   :ROU Romania 0
10   :SVK Slovakia 0
11   :TUR Turkey 0
-   :RUS Russia -
Edited by OlympicIRL

13 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

I wasn't sure whether to make a general thread for the European Team Championships or one specifically for the First League. But as I want to have somewhere to discuss the First League, I opened one anyway, so I'll let the admins decide.

Anyway, the First League contains the nations of quite a few Totallympians so should be good scrap.... expecting @Werloc @hckosice and @heywoodu, to be interested at least :p

I usually find it hard to get excited for any kind of team competition in athletics :p I just want to see someone finish or jump/throw far/high and then know who won

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I usually find it hard to get excited for any kind of team competition in athletics :p I just want to see someone finish or jump/throw far/high and then know who won

How can you not like the European Team Championships?

27 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

How can you not like the European Team Championships?

I just said pretty much exactly my main reason :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, OlympicIRL said:

Haha finally that time arrived :d Already all excited for our discussions during this with @Werloc here :d even if the maintain is not realistic for our team, beat 4 teams will be too much for us I  am affraid

:SVK Team Slovakia :SVK

Mens

100m: Ján Volko

200m: Ján Volko

400m: Šimon Bujna

800m: Andrej Paulíny

1500m: Andrej Paulíny

3000m: Tibor Sahajda

5000m: Tibor Sahajda

3000m Steeplechase: Dávid Mazúch

110m H.: Matej Baluch

400m H.: Martin Kučera

Hgh Jump: Matúš Bubeník

Pole Vault: Tomáš Krajňák

Long Jump: Tomáš Veszelka

Triple Jump: Tomáš Veszelka

Shot Put: Adrián Baran

Discus Throw: Samuel Kováč

Hammer Throw: Marcel Lomnický

Javelin Throw: Ondrej Bartoň

4x100m Relay: Ján Volko, Matej Baluch, Šimon Bujna, Oliver Murcko, Denis Danáč

4x400m Relay: Šimon Bujna, Martin Kučera, Patrik Dömötör, Denis Danáč, Miroslav Marček

Womens

100m: Monika Weigertová

200m: Monika Weigertová

400m: Iveta Putalová

800m: Gabriela Gajanová

1500m: Elena Dušková

3000m: Elena Dušková

5000m: Silvia Valová

3000m Steeplechase: Katarína Beľová

100m H.: Stanislava Lajčáková

400m H.: Daniela Ledecká

High Jump: Tatiana Dunajská

Pole Vault: Lujza Paliderová

Long Jump: Lucia Vadlejch

Triple Jump: Dana Velďáková

Shot Put: Natália Váleková

Discus Throw: Barbora Jakubcová

Hammer Throw: Martina Hrašnová

Javelin Throw: Júlia Hanuliaková

4x100m Relay: Monika Weigertová, Viktória Forster, Daniela Ledecká, Katarína Kišková, Jana Velďáková, Simona Malatincová

4x400m Relay: Iveta Putalová, Gabriela Gajanová, Daniela Ledecká, Miriam Cidoríková, Simona Malatincová

Reserves M: Marco Adrien Drozda, Samuel Sloboda (Sprints), Ján Šuba, Lukáš Beer, Ján Zmoray (Jumps), Peter Ďurec, Filip Revaj (Distance Runs)

Reserves W: Alexandra Štuková (Sprints, Middle Distances), Jana Velďáková, Zuzana Ďurkechová, Krsitína Bošková (Jumps)

Just posting some predictions without even really looking into the teams. I think it will be pretty close though between the teams. Norway might have the advantage from the home crowd.

1. :NED
  2. :NOR 
  3. :BLR
  4. :BEL
  5. :POR
  6. :TUR
  7. :HUN
  8. :IRL
  9. :ROU
  10. :LTU
  11. :SVK
Edited by Dennis