website statistics

Wrestling UWW Cadet World Championships 2019

Totallympics

The cadet world championship will start in few minutes in Sofia. I'm very interessing to see what Pireddu will do.

Streaming, news and results here https://unitedworldwrestling.org/event/world-championships-35?tab=results&weight-category=1110aa82-b13a-11e9-95ea-080027548b1b

7 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

The cadet world championship will start in few minutes in Sofia. I'm very interessing to see what Pireddu will do.

Streaming, news and results here https://unitedworldwrestling.org/event/world-championships-35?tab=results&weight-category=1110aa82-b13a-11e9-95ea-080027548b1b

I did really hope our NF would eventually rest him a bit...

instead they are just killing him with 3 major championships in a month or so (Europeans, EYOF last week and now this one)...

with such a busy schedule at his young age, he'll get burnt at the age of 17/18 (like Freni) just because our federation wants to win a medal in these useless youth tournaments instead of raising the best talent we've had for ages with care and looking at his senior career in perspective (which is what youth classes should only be about)...:facepalm::wall:

17 minutes ago, phelps said:

I did really hope our NF would eventually rest him a bit...

instead they are just killing him with 3 major championships in a month or so (Europeans, EYOF last week and now this one)...

with such a busy schedule at his young age, he'll get burnt at the age of 17/18 (like Freni) just because our federation wants to win a medal in these useless youth tournaments instead of raising the best talent we've had for ages with care and looking at his senior career in perspective (which is what youth classes should only be about)...:facepalm::wall:

I can understand your point of view and I agree with you. Btw, this is a very common practice on the italian federation... Our sport body need some youth medals for their ego :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

I can understand your point of view and I agree with you. Btw, this is a very common practice on the italian federation... Our sport body need some youth medals for their ego :rolleyes:

and in fact today he was literally destroyed in a few seconds by an Azeri wrestler (not the same one he easily beat in baku last week at the EYOF)...:facepalm:

shame on our coaches and our federation! :redcard::spank:

First day semifinalists

48kg:  :USA vs :IRI / :UZB vs :IND

55kg : :IRI vs :USA / :TUR vs :UZB

65kg : :IND vs :RUS / :AZE vs :GEO

80kg:  :IRI vs :UKR / :TUR vs :RUS

110kg: :IRI vs :RUS / :ARM vs :GEO

not a single new "country" for the semifinals. always the same countries in freestyle. it was good for Iran to bring 4 wrestlers to the semifinal, the other kid Motaghi lost narrowly to Azerbaijan just because of one mistake early in the match.

semifinals vs USA and Russia will be interesting later today, I hope to see all 4 of them in the final.

3 minutes ago, MHSN said:

First day semifinalists

48kg:  :USA vs :IRI / :UZB vs :IND

55kg : :IRI vs :USA / :TUR vs :UZB

65kg : :IND vs :RUS / :AZE vs :GEO

80kg:  :IRI vs :UKR / :TUR vs :RUS

110kg: :IRI vs :RUS / :ARM vs :GEO

not a single new "country" for the semifinals. always the same countries in freestyle. it was good for Iran to bring 4 wrestlers to the semifinal, the other kid Motaghi lost narrowly to Azerbaijan just because of one mistake early in the match.

semifinals vs USA and Russia will be interesting later today, I hope to see all 4 of them in the final.

I would prefer if you lost the one against Russia though. :p 

4 hours ago, Dolby said:

I would prefer if you lost the one against Russia though. :p 

that turned out to be the only semifinal Iran lost today :d Habibi had 3pts lead until the last 30 seconds when he gave up a TD and a trapped arm which means two more turns.

still not a bad afternoon for Iran, we will have 3 in the final tomorrow. Habibi in bronze medal match and the other guy in repechage. even though he has to beat 3 tough guys for the bronze.

here is the finals

48kg: :IRI Amouzad vs :UZB Kadamov

55kg: :IRI Veisi vs :UZB Jalolov

65kg: :RUS Tskhovrebov vs :AZE Gadzhiev

80kg: :IRI Firouzpour vs :RUS Bagaev

110kg: :RUS Zasseev vs :GEO Chikhradze

I expect 1 gold for Iran, 2 for Russia and 1 for Uzbekistan, and the 80kg final is unpredictable. but I like to think Firouzpour is a bit better.

46 minutes ago, MHSN said:

that turned out to be the only semifinal Iran lost today :d Habibi had 3pts lead until the last 30 seconds when he gave up a TD and a trapped arm which means two more turns.

still not a bad afternoon for Iran, we will have 3 in the final tomorrow. Habibi in bronze medal match and the other guy in repechage. even though he has to beat 3 tough guys for the bronze.

here is the finals

48kg: :IRI Amouzad vs :UZB Kadamov

55kg: :IRI Veisi vs :UZB Jalolov

65kg: :RUS Tskhovrebov vs :AZE Gadzhiev

80kg: :IRI Firouzpour vs :RUS Bagaev

110kg: :RUS Zasseev vs :GEO Chikhradze

I expect 1 gold for Iran, 2 for Russia and 1 for Uzbekistan, and the 80kg final is unpredictable. but I like to think Firouzpour is a bit better.

So, all 5 Indians are alive in Repechage. Fingers crossed for some medals.