website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

1 minute ago, Dnl said:

I saw something about the Polish swimming team not allowed to participate due to registration problems, anyone heard of this?

Yes, we have a 6 swimmers less than we want, and we refused ro start in women's 4x100 metres relays event

1 minute ago, Adriano said:

Yes, we have a 6 swimmers less than we want, and we refused ro start in women's 4x100 metres relays event

I mean if they are already there and the IOC gave plenty of Universities places and invitations to athletes why not just give them the chance?, I truly feel sorry for those who were told to go back home:cry:

1 minute ago, Dnl said:

I mean if they are already there and the IOC gave plenty of Universities places and invitations to athletes why not just give them the chance?, I truly feel sorry for those who were told to go back home:cry:

To be honest  1. Polish can send 10 swimmers in relays (we have 7 swimmers "relays only) and 6 (with B standard, and we cannot add this 3 additional places). Yes it was a big drama for girls.... Big mistake for Poland, but for me FINA can add this 3 places.

18 minutes ago, Dnl said:

I saw something about the Polish swimming team not allowed to participate due to registration problems, anyone heard of this?

That was an error from the authorities. 6 of them were sent home.

1 hour ago, Dnl said:

I definitely feel sorry for the swimmers but other nations have had to cut their numbers so it would set a terrible precedent if they allowed the Polish team to bring whoever they wanted

I posted earlier that Ireland very nearly made the same mistake. We're using a backstroke sprinter and a breast stroker to fill out our 4x200m freestyle team as we could only use 2 relay only spots and none of our freestylers got an invite