website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

1 hour ago, Olympionikes said:

I feel pretty weird to all the anti-olympics as in the same time there is people in base ball and football pro games in Japan. This looks pretty politic to me.

Well, do any of those matches were held in Tokyo?

I remembered the baseball match people is talking about was in Sendai and there is also sumo (which people keep comparing with the Olympics too) in Nagoya

2 hours ago, Agger said:

So, do any other countries have an official Olympics song? 

Here's the Danish

Not an official Olympics song, but our women's football team released this incredibly generic pop song last week:

2 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Well, do any of those matches were held in Tokyo?

I remembered the baseball match people is talking about was in Sendai and there is also sumo (which people keep comparing with the Olympics too) in Nagoya

talking of Japanese baseball...

well, 3 of the 12 NPB teams are located in Tokyo and 3 more in the greater Tokyo Metropolitan area (1 in Yokohama, where the Olympic Baseball tournament will be staged)...

and they all had 20% capacity crowd in their stadiums until last week (when the championship stopped to make room for the Olympics)...

in the rest of Japan the allowed audience was even higher, up to 50% capacity (Fukuoka)...

so, to me, it's only the usual hypocracy...it's the Japanese political forces of the opposing parties (and their supporters in the industrial conglomerates, like Toyota or Rakuten) trying to make the government look stupid and not taking care of the local population...

they are pure shit (I'm well used to it, since it reminds me the exact behaviour of our politicians...but I never thought in Japan they were so similar to us)...:facepalm: :wall:

46 minutes ago, phelps said:

talking of Japanese baseball...

well, 3 of the 12 NPB teams are located in Tokyo and 3 more in the greater Tokyo Metropolitan area (1 in Yokohama, where the Olympic Baseball tournament will be staged)...

and they all had 20% capacity crowd in their stadiums until last week (when the championship stopped to make room for the Olympics)...

in the rest of Japan the allowed audience was even higher, up to 50% capacity (Fukuoka)...

so, to me, it's only the usual hypocracy...it's the Japanese political forces of the opposing parties (and their supporters in the industrial conglomerates, like Toyota or Rakuten) trying to make the government look stupid and not taking care of the local population...

they are pure shit (I'm well used to it, since it reminds me the exact behaviour of our politicians...but I never thought in Japan they were so similar to us)...:facepalm: :wall:

Thank you, that's why I want to make sure first since I've came across quite a few people talking about events that are held hundreds of km from the Greater Tokyo area and began questioning the no-fans rule.

Here comes the second round. South Korea hung a "Korean Peninsula shaped" tiger written "Tiger is coming down from the mountain". Again it angers Japanese especially far-right political groups who deny most war crime committed towards asian neighbors during WW2. Japan think it linked to some anti-Japanese historical allusion and included the disputed island on the painting in a symbolization way.

2 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

Here comes the second round. South Korea hung a "Korean Peninsula shaped" tiger written "Tiger is coming down from the mountain". Again it angers Japanese especially far-right political groups who deny most war crime committed towards asian neighbors during WW2. Japan think it linked to some anti-Japanese historical allusion and included the disputed island on the painting in a symbolization way.

It looks like the whole plan of :KOR has always been: why skip the Games altogether, like :PRK did, if you can move to the country hosting the Games and repeatedly slap their faces over what they did in the past? 

Most of the news from the Games have been depressing, but at least we got this hilarious CNN headline:

Irish gymnast jumps on Olympic Village cardboard bed to debunk 'anti-sex fake news'

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/19/sport/athletes-arrive-olympic-village-sex-beds-spt-intl/index.html

Here's the tweet in case anyone missed it:

Hiroshi Hoketsu (Japan ) at 80 years competing in equestrian event will become the oldest athlete to take part in Olympics.

Hend Zaza (Syria) at 11 years competing in Table Tennis will become the youngest athlete to take part in Olympics.