website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

43 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

It’s not that fair as it looks. it’s humanitarian but not fairness. For example, I lost in semi final but my opponent found COVID positive after that so I advance in final. And then I cherish this opportunity a lot, I defeated my opponent in final so I am the champion. To conclude I lost semifinal but I am the champion just because my opponent got a specific virus called COVID. But if he withdrew due to diarrhea then it’s a another story.

29 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

It’s not that fair as it looks. it’s humanitarian but not fairness. For example, I lost in semi final but my opponent found COVID positive after that so I advance in final. And then I cherish this opportunity a lot, I defeated my opponent in final so I am the champion. To conclude I lost semifinal but I am the champion just because my opponent got a specific virus called COVID. But if he withdrew due to diarrhea then it’s a another story.

I wouldn't agree. Athletes can still choose to compete if they have diarrhea. They are forbidden to compete if they have COVID.

#banbestmen

7 minutes ago, dcro said:

I wouldn't agree. Athletes can still choose to compete if they have diarrhea. They are forbidden to compete if they have COVID.

For the withdrawer more or less similar, it's both very unlucky for them. But for their opponents(and opponents' future opponents), not for withdrawers, it's the real unfair part. Why could they benefit from opponents's withdrawal for one specific reason? They could withdraw for 100 reasons, but one of them makes me go to the next round.

1 hour ago, Jan Linha said:

So basically an athlete who does not start, will be listed as did not start.

tenor.gif?itemid=3883813

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Also I do wonder how many participants will be caught breaking rules - over the Covid crisis a lot of sport stars have come across as pretty idiotic and unable to follow the rules even when breaking them has consequences for their dreams and ambitions.