website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

26 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Nope, they will use an awful format.

Wtf is that lmfao!! Have the IOC lost it !?

It was also confirmed that softball will be organised as a single round robin competition, while baseball will feature a format of two groups of three teams, followed by a knockout phase"

Great, lets fly in 24 athletes per team, use a dedicated stadium in Fukushima (which is not necessary) for some teams to just play 2 games. What a fuking joke.

4 minutes ago, intoronto said:

So dumb. You close the event with the best events and those 3 are clearly not that. 

Women's Handball and Volleyball finals are more exciting (to me) than Men's. So maybe for some people the Men's events are better, but not for everyone - I know for a fact that sports fans in Brazil care more about Women's than Men's, and that's a big market if we're talking about Volleyball.

+ (i'm just fishing here) maybe the time difference favours the Men's events finals to be held on Saturday? (for America viewers, I mean?)

Maybe they could create a rotation system, but there's no reason to be so mad at this decision.

18 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

This gender equality is a joke... I really hope that Bach will be finish end his career in the IOC

I’m sorry but I have to disagree. I think Women’s event fail to grow to the level of men’s because they are not given the same opportunities. This is a good change.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Women's Handball and Volleyball finals are more exciting (to me) than Men's. So maybe for some people the Men's events are better, but not for everyone - I know for a fact that sports fans in Brazil care more about Women's than Men's, and that's a big market if we're talking about Volleyball.

+ (i'm just fishing here) maybe the time difference favours the Men's events finals to be held on Saturday? (for America viewers, I mean?)

Maybe they could create a rotation system, but there's no reason to be so mad at this decision.

Right, that's fair. But to equivocally just move the women's team finals to the final day defeats the purpose of gender equality

11 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m sorry but I have to disagree. I think Women’s event fail to grow to the level of men’s because they are not given the same opportunities. This is a good change.

I disagree. I think women in general are less interested in sports than men. Totallympics too for example has way more male users than female users, and that's not because Sindo awards fewer account quotas to women (well, I hope not :p).

It's just a fact of life imo. There are way more men doing sports than women, and that's not because women are giving up because they have (slightly) fewer Olympic quotas on offer than men. Well, that's at least the case in liberal countries...

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

1 ora fa, Nate River ha scritto:

Men’s Street Skateboarding is schedueled for primetime, first Saturday of the games in the US. Just in case you where wondering if it would he a big deal on NBC.

imagine if Brazil would eventually win it (and women's Street SkB, too)...:whistle::roflmao:

Edited by phelps

31 minutes ago, dcro said:

I disagree. I think women in general are less interested in sports than men. Totallympics too for example has way more male users than female users, and that's not because Sindo awards fewer account quotas to women (well, I hope not :p).

It's just a fact of life imo. There are way more men doing sports than women, and that's not because women are giving up because they have (slightly) fewer Olympic quotas on offer than men. Well, that's at least the case in liberal countries...

I’m sorry but I find this incredibly sexist and wrong. Woman are “not interested” Sport because those in charge of culture and sports (the all boys club) have not given them opportunities.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 ora fa, dcro ha scritto:

Gender equality strikes again. Women's basketball, handball and volleyball finals will be played on the final day. I guess it's a miracle that they didn't mess with the men's marathon...

I think it's more a request by the European (and US) TV networks...

having those men's finals on Saturday at night (in Japan) means we have them in late morning/early afternoon here in Europe (which is better than having them at sunrise or even earlier)...

meanwhile the women's games (which have less audience here in Europe, but a lot more in the American Continent) on Sunday at earlier times match more the US (and the whole American Continent) TV stations requests...