website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

12 minutes ago, dcro said:

FINA :roflmao: So greedy... As if swimmers don't already have 378 medal chances. :p

Mixed team taekwondo :lol: This is April fools, right? (one should hope so)

Ha, it's just waiting until someone comes up with the idea of deleting some awesome shooting events and replacing them with some sort of weird mixed competition :rofl:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

It would be priceless to see the faces of shooting, rowing and canoeing if the IOC accepted all of FINAs proposals after they had to change pre existing olympic events to fit the IOC rules.

2 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

A lot of mixed event :lol: Only good mixed events for me is the Syncro mixed duet..

Definitely. Men's synchronized swimming is also very charming, as shown several years ago already in this Dutch commercial :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Of all the proposed things, I personally aproved:

- High Diving, pretty spectacular sport, and fits with this new "young and spectacular" theme that IOC wants.

- More than 8 teams in women's waterpolo. But I think with 10 teams would be enough.

- The mixed shooting events look interesting

- The rowing boat change.

- Two more women's boxing.

- Mixed syncrro duet

- Madison. (Actually I would dig ANY change in the track events)

I'm not so into 3x3 basketball or BMX freestyle thing but I can see them getting added due to IOC wanting to aproach to younger audiences. And the Triathlon relay I would accepted only if there's not a mandatory order from them to take place. It should be free.

I wouldn't mind table tennis events to be Doubles rather than teams, but it should be one or the other. And I wouldn't mind either if they change women's 800m freestyle to 1500, and so they do the same as men.

Mixed events in taekwondo, judo and pentathlon sounds like a joke. And no need for swimming programe to get bigger. I don't think Wieightlifting is in the position to ask for another event, they should drop one of men's weigths. Mixed archery, meh, not impresed but the fact that don't need new quotas could help them getting in.

New events

Archery: But using bazookas

Athletics: Race walk on a protest staring Kendall Jenner

Badminton: Shuttlecock renamed 'shuttlevagina' for feminism

Baseball: Powerups like Mario Super Sluggers

Basketball: Every team is just made up of five USA players

Beach volleyball: All the players are naked

Boxing: Replaced with UFC

Canoeing - Slalom: There are no longer any boats

Canoeing - Sprint: There is no longer any water

Cycling - BMX: Some mad freestyle eve- wait, this is real? Oh.

Cycling - Mountain Bike: Athletes no longer have a bike, and only have rations for 2 months, to start a fire, and no emergency contact

Cycling - Road: There are still cars on the road, so the athletes have to be mindful of traffic

Cycling - Track: The biggest race in Olympic history: 1,000 athletes (all at the same time) - what could go wrong?

Diving: It's now from the biggest sky scraper in the host nation

Equestrian: No more outdated horses. For animal rights, the teams have two hours to make a Papier-mâché horse and use that

Fencing: It's now going to be a medieval swordfight

Field hockey: You get points for hitting your apponent with the stick

Football: Now a full-age competition that everybody in football respects LOL HAHA JUST KIDDING it's one of those stupid 'freestyle football' competitions

Golf: It's on a volcano à la Mario Golf

Gymnastics - Artistic: It's now a twerking competition

Gymnastics - Rhythmic: They throw the ball and play cricket using the clubs - throwing through the hoops as an impromptu wicket and the ribbon as the crease

Gymastics - Trampoline: If an athlete does badly, the trampoline is removed before they land

Handball: You can now use your feet

Judo: It's now an "artistic judo" contest, where you have to be the most stylish no matter who wins

Karate: It's the most stereotypical karate match ever, with all participants armed with ninja throwing starts to appeal to youth

Modern Penathlon: League of Legends, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, FIFA 17, Rocket League, Pokémon Sun/Moon

Rowing: All teams have no paddles

Rugby Sevens: There is now 1 player on each team

Sailing: It lasts 3 months on a voyage to Australia. It doesn't matter where the host nation is, it will always mysteriously last 3 months and be to Australia anyway

Shooting: It's now for Black Lives Matter, participants have to dress up as policeman and shoot unarmed black people. Unfortunately, real people are used for some reason.

Skateboarding: (It's in the Olympics in the first place lol) "Woah dude. That kickflip was gnarly" - The commentators will say that even if it's unrelated to a kickflip

Softball: It's now a men only sport and baseball is a women's only sport

Sport Climbing: The sea level slowly rises, meaning if you take too long you'll drown

Surfing: Remember Club Penguin? Yeah. That.

Swimming: Now with added sharks!

Table Tennis: No table, now you just get points by hitting your opponent with the ball

Taekwondo: Athletes will now be those stupid weeaboos that think everything Japanese is cool and will bring body pillows, then run away before the fight

Tennis: The women where dresses but no underwear in a shameless attempt to get viewers, the IOC explain why this is actually pro-feminism

Triathlon: Jousting, Hotdog eating, and The Suicide Race - The athletes did not know they meant actual suicide

Volleyball: The net is now 20 metres high, all the time the athletes are on really wobbly ladders. Fifteen die, thirty-six wounded

Water Polo: Now you HAVE to make your feet touch the ground, at all times

Weightlifting: All done by douchebag gymlads that look stupid when they completely overestimate their lifting ability

Wrestling: Anything is legal, like chair throwing, punching, and concealing a weapon and shooting the opponent

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold