website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

3 hours ago, hckošice said:

first 4  :SVK athletes moving today to Tokyo. Our full Canoe Slalom team Athletes + team staff is flying today. Good Luck and enjoy the Olympics guys !

from left Mintálová (WK1), ŠKáchová (WC1), Beňuš (MC1) and Grigar (MK1)

7UbktkpTURBXy8wNzNjNmMxYzM1ZGZhOWJlN2NkZ

Same for our Victoriia Us ) She is already in Tokyo

3 hours ago, hckošice said:

first 4  :SVK athletes moving today to Tokyo. Our full Canoe Slalom team Athletes + team staff is flying today. Good Luck and enjoy the Olympics guys !

from left Mintálová (WK1), ŠKáchová (WC1), Beňuš (MC1) and Grigar (MK1)

7UbktkpTURBXy8wNzNjNmMxYzM1ZGZhOWJlN2NkZ

and few more pics from the departure of our first athletes. Full Canoe Slalom Team, 4 athletes. 4 coaches, 1 Physio, 1 Video analyst and Maseur :d

slalomari%20vyprava%20spolu-902x450.jpg?

Matej Beňuš silver medalist from Rio accompanied to the airport by his 3 sons :d, Grigar and Mintalová with last calm answers to the always same stupid questions of journalists :lol:

Spoiler

Benus%20s%20rodinou-490x391.jpg?itok=CZLGrigar-601x392.jpg?itok=Wy7XLkR6

Mintalova-294x441.jpg?itok=_GgrT1Eh

28 minutes ago, hckošice said:

and few more pics from the departure of our first athletes. Full Canoe Slalom Team, 4 athletes. 4 coaches, 1 Physio, 1 Video analyst and Maseur :d

slalomari%20vyprava%20spolu-902x450.jpg?

Matej Beňuš silver medalist from Rio accompanied to the airport by his 3 sons :d, Grigar and Mintalová with last calm answers to the always same stupid questions of journalists :lol:

Reveal hidden contents

How d'you rate their chances? From what I've seen of them in the Canoe World Cups they have serious potential.

5 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

How d'you rate their chances? From what I've seen of them in the Canoe World Cups they have serious potential.

It will depend on several factors. How the track for the Semis/Finals will be built and by who. What the weather will be like on that given day and especially at the moment of their rides. This sport is wonderful and I absolutely love it, sadly it has also one disadvantage, it is often about luck and actual random conditions.

The Japanese will have the big advantage of the home water knowledge. They may be really dangerous this time. But overall, it will really depend on the given day and conditions. I would not be surprised to see medal(s) but also would not be shocked if we not win anything to be honest. There a lot of candidates. However, We never failed to medal in M C1 since we are competing as independent country, so it would be great to keep this streak going for another 3 years.

Sadly it looks like the COVID cases are increasing in Tokyo at the worst moment, the spectator limit is about to be cut in half: https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1109872/japan-spectators-cap-tokyo-2020-olympics

We will be lucky if they let any spectators in at this rate. I think it's best to prepare for a situtation where the Games will be held in completely empty venues. 

4 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Sadly it looks like the COVID cases are increasing in Tokyo at the worst moment, the spectator limit is about to be cut in half: https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1109872/japan-spectators-cap-tokyo-2020-olympics

We will be lucky if they let any spectators in at this rate. I think it's best to prepare for a situtation where the Games will be held in completely empty venues. 

I suspect that will be the case. It would suit the Government as it protects them for a backlash.

If they do have crowds and it backfires I can see the Paralympics getting cancelled.

How will athletes feel about no crowds? I am sure the majority will barely notice. The experience wont be the same but surely most athletes only care about the actual competition. The days of Olympic 'tourists' in the Olympic village are long gone. In any case TV audiences will still be enormous. 

1 minute ago, Oldira said:

How will athletes feel about no crowds? I am sure the majority will barely notice. The experience wont be the same but surely most athletes only care about the actual competition. The days of Olympic 'tourists' in the Olympic village are long gone. In any case TV audiences will still be enormous. 

I think it have a big impact on Tennis and maybe Golf where I can see quite a lot of late withdrawals and the tournament struggling to replace them.  Everyone else will still attend because appearing is better than nothing.