website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

16 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Off the top of my head Slovakia can get 2 more in artistic swimming, 1 in golf, 1 in judo and maybe 1 in tennis. Plus maybe some people in swimming

No chances in Tennis unless some Zika virus will be found around Tokyo and like 60 % of players decline quotas :p we would normally have one qualified in Doubles, but since he will not have anyone to play with him we will be even forced to return the place :lol: + watch out our synchro swimmers being kicked out by some Italian B team representing San Marino or so..and Judo ? who ? how ? :d

Ok, being serious for a moment, I expect we will have 40+ team in Tokyo for sure, we have now 29 qualified and probably will qualify 5-6 in athletics via ranking + 2 charity swimming quotas, these should be safe and hopefully we will find somewhere some 5 more qualified athletes in other sports

23 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Off the top of my head Slovakia can get 2 more in artistic swimming, 1 in golf, 1 in judo and maybe 1 in tennis. Plus maybe some people in swimming

And Romana Gajdošová has moved into the last qualification spot in women's triathlon. @hckošice

4 minutes ago, hckošice said:

No chances in Tennis unless some Zika virus will be found around Tokyo and like 60 % of players decline quotas :p we would normally have one qualified in Doubles, but since he will not have anyone to play with him we will be even forced to return the place :lol: + watch out our synchro swimmers being kicked out by some Italian B team representing San Marino or so..and Judo ? who ? how ? :d

Ok, being serious for a moment, I expect we will have 40+ team in Tokyo for sure, we have now 29 qualified and probably will qualify 5-6 in athletics via ranking + 2 charity swimming quotas, these should be safe and hopefully we will find somewhere some 5 more qualified athletes in other sports

I think Slovakia had 85 in 2000

15 minutes ago, intoronto said:

And Romana Gajdošová has moved into the last qualification spot in women's triathlon. @hckošice

yes, she is there since last week in Arzachena and still holding the place, well, lets hope miracles does not happen only in christmas and she will keep it also after this weekend last race.

Richard Varga was DSQ yesterday for a unbelievable mistake and thus the best swimmer in the circuit will very likely miss the games. This I guess sum up perfectly our Tokyo 2020 qualifying cycle :d

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPy36cShubW/

5 hours ago, hckošice said:

As a top 10 doubles player, Polasek is directly qualified and can choose any partner with a top 300 singles or doubles ranking, so why wouldn't they play?

3 minutes ago, NMQ said:

As a top 10 doubles player, Polasek is directly qualified and can choose any partner with a top 300 singles or doubles ranking, so why wouldn't they play?

And Igor Zelenay is conveniently a top 100 doubles player, so there are no eligibility issues here.

I hope we will be close to 90 athletes this year, but anyway it was nice for me to see that 2 athletes from the refugees team are currently coming from Israel, especially the one from the “Alleys runners “ Club , I could not even describe how they all try to take care of their athletes in Sports and outside of it, making sure they will feel welcomed and at home as much as possible