website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

1 minute ago, Grassmarket said:

Thoroughly agree.  Most of all - vastly simplified opening & closing ceremonies.  

National anthem

Athlete’s Parade

Oath & Speeches

Light the flame

Goodnight & Good luck.

Where did you read that? I haven’t been able to find specifics on the ceremonies.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Where did you read that? I haven’t been able to find specifics on the ceremonies.

Oh, sorry, those are my Regal Commands.  The IOC have yet to confirm that they have accepted them.  Certainly they never did all the other times I told them what to do.

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

I guess this means cross-country obstacles will be simple logs...

We’ll see. I think they’re taking more about banners outside venues, banners in places people can’t see, etc. I do agree they might be less creative with the obstacles though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Regarding how the IOC will deal with Covid...

The idea right now is:

- If an athlete tests positive, they will be removed from the Games, and their quota will be reallocated if possible.

- If there is a vaccine available, athletes will most likely be forced to take it if they wish to compete at the Games.

There’s a bunch of other countermeasures too, but these seemed like ones to make note of.

14 minutes ago, dcro said:

Either way, it's disappointing. I have always been a huge fan of Olympic banners and colors displayed all over the host city. It gives the Olympics its visual identity.

Yeah me too, but if cuts have to be made, I’d rather it be there than events, athletes, sports, venues, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...