website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

3 hours ago, intoronto said:

sad :(

Agreed, what's a children's school game doing at the Olympics? :p 

Spoiler

Kidding, obviously.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, dcro said:

And i guess Totallympics would have been exploding with new users/posts at this point. :p

Posts, yes :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Sad realization that I should have been flying over the Pacific Ocean right now :cry:

I feel terrible for anyone involved in the Games; Athletes, officials, spectators, volunteers, locals, journalists, etc. We should all be preparing for the world’s greatest festival of sport, instead most of us are sitting at home wondering if the Games can even happen next year.

Athletes in particular. A lot of them stand to lose their once in a lifetime chance to become Olympians. Most of all those who achieved a fluke qualification - Zambian women's football team comes to mind.

#banbestmen

FINA is pleased to announce a global COVID-19 support plan in excess of $6 million USD to assist athletes who will compete in the Tokyo Olympic Games next summer, through three distinctive programmes.

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Vektor said:

With the resignation of Abe, we are one step closer to the cancellation of the Games. This can end up as the final nail in the coffin for the event depending on who will be the next PM. 

I don’t see how that follows.  His successor must be someone from the same Party.

27 minutes ago, Vektor said:

With the resignation of Abe, we are one step closer to the cancellation of the Games. This can end up as the final nail in the coffin for the event depending on who will be the next PM. 

I think Japan will bet on the vaccine development by the end of this year. If some vaccine is widely recognized and accepted by the year end, the Olympic is still possible. I remember Japan just said hopefully vaccine available for all citizens before mid-2021. It sounds like a pre-condition for the event.

3 hours ago, Vektor said:

A terrible statement with no justifications.

I don't see from where you got such baseless info or if it was just made by you.