website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

2 minutes ago, dharang said:

Planned to attend the Tokyo games without Covid-19?

Yes, and still plan to attend if they are held (assuming spectators are allowed).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

I thought it was in a month or so...I hadn't thought about it for a moment yet :lol: 

Plus I'm actually happy with it all, since I've started my first actual job in many years last month, it'd be nearly impossible to watch most if even anything of Tokyo 2020 (not gonna ask for two weeks off that soon). Now that it's next year, this should be no problem :cheer: 

actually I did that for Beijing 2008 and let's say the final outcome wasn't great for my personal life :d even though I never regret that .

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

actually I did that for Beijing 2008 and let's say the final outcome wasn't great for my personal life :d even though I never regret that .

Luckily the one who is that much involved in my personal life wants to see most stuff as well :d 

Besides, people who wouldn't accept me turning my life around for two weeks for the Olympics aren't worth my time anyway, it's who I am - take it or leave it :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yes, and still plan to attend if they are held (assuming spectators are allowed).

Let's hope it will be possible next year then.

Will be curious if we can co-host the UEFA Euro 2020/21 next year here in Budapest

Thankfully the other major events I am interested in to be held in Budapest will be later - Handball ECh in 2022 and Athletics WCh in 2023 - hopefully Covid will be sorted out for then.

Well I said today to someone that in Summer 1914, the emperor of Austria-Hungary said to the people that the war will be over by autumn - we all know how that turned out. Hopefully the Covid-19 pandemic will be different...

3 hours ago, EupenM said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2020/07/17/tokyo-olympic-venues-lined-up-schedule-remains-the-same/41716461/

Looks like there will be few, if any changes to the schedule.  Largely just shifted everything by a year, minus one day

2 hours ago, bmo said:

This covid postponement has finally gotten to me. We would have been 1 WEEK away from the oc. 4 years of waiting & we would have had only 1 more week. :cry:

I've been waiting for close to 2,5 years but yeah :p  Oh well, at least sports are getting underway left and right again now

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, bmo said:

This covid postponement has finally gotten to me. We would have been 1 WEEK away from the oc. 4 years of waiting & we would have had only 1 more week. :cry:

We're going to have 2 Olympics in a span of 7 months, old school style.  As much as I hate the extra year of build-up (and all the uncertainty that will bring), like @heywoodu said, at least we're slowly seeing sports start to return!

On 16/07/2020 at 02:32, heywoodu said:

I thought it was in a month or so...I hadn't thought about it for a moment yet :lol: 

Plus I'm actually happy with it all, since I've started my first actual job in many years last month, it'd be nearly impossible to watch most if even anything of Tokyo 2020 (not gonna ask for two weeks off that soon). Now that it's next year, this should be no problem :cheer: 

Oh yeah basically I was also in the same situation. Last November I decided to sacrifice Tokyo 2020 for my current job and now I am glad I chose the correct option :d