website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Every new IOC president seems to take the totalitarian role one step further, Bach took two steps :p 

Bach took two steps, hopped into a rocket, blasted off to space, and set foot on the moon :p

There is a long list of policies Bach has imposed that I like, but there’s a nearly equally long list of policies that even I can’t get behind.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’ve always been a Bach supporter, but the last 2-3 years have really made me lose faith in him. If I got to vote for the next IOC President, I’d vote for Pound.

Yeah me too. It's good for unity. I mean people gather every 2 years to screenshot the word 'Dick Pound' at the ceremonies :lol:

5 hours ago, Griff88 said:

Yeah me too. It's good for unity. I mean people gather every 2 years to screenshot the word 'Dick Pound' at the ceremonies :lol:

I would imagine the graphics would read “Richard Pound” unfortunately...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, phelps said:

What exactly is the 'terrorism' there?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, phelps said:

shrek GIF

Donkey, you HAVE the right to remain silent. What you lack is the capacity.

And yes, I haven't changed "Donkey" to "John" on purpose. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Reiwa Shinsengumi leader Taro Yamamoto to run for Tokyo governor

Actor-turned-politician Taro Yamamoto, leader of the anti-establishment party Reiwa Shinsengumi, announced his candidacy Monday for the Tokyo gubernatorial election next month, in which incumbent Yuriko Koike is widely expected to be re-elected.

Yamamoto, 45, pledged at a news conference to make the cancellation of the Tokyo Games his first order of business should he be elected governor in the July 5 poll. :yikes: :facepalm::hairpull:

He also promised to provide all residents of the capital a relief handout of ¥100,000 ($934) each in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

But with the Constitutional Democratic Party of Japan, the Japanese Communist Party and the Social Democratic Party already set to back rival Kenji Utsunomiya, 73, former head of the Japan Federation of Bar Associations, Yamamoto’s entrance into the race will likely result in votes being split between the major opposition parties.

Yamamoto had said during a radio program Saturday that the chances of him running in the election, for which campaigning will begin Thursday, was “50-50.”

God, keep us safe and keep this idiot well far away from the role he's seeking...:zip: :redcard:

Ah, the classic 'if you vote for me, I'll give you a good sum of money in your hands' play. That's never fishy at all :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Ah, the classic 'if you vote for me, I'll give you a good sum of money in your hands' play. That's never fishy at all :d 

His is just a copy of American and other countries’s Covid-19 emergency relief fund. It doesn’t look like he’s advocating for UBI, which is becoming a more mainstream idea in some Western countries.