website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

55 minutes ago, dcro said:

Let the Olympic Village challenge begin!

First confirmed neighbors - :DEN:NOR:p

image.png

Hungary's Nemzeti Sport writes that Hungarian athletes are on floor 3,4 and 5 of building 19, and Morocco & Switzerland are on the floor above them

2 hours ago, pdr4332 said:

Hungary's Nemzeti Sport writes that Hungarian athletes are on floor 3,4 and 5 of building 19, and Morocco & Switzerland are on the floor above them

Yep, here we are with France, Morocco and... Switzerland?

214133004_241728561100457_7455749308089253910_n.jpg

5 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

It feels a recipiemfor disaster to have the village open over a week before completions for most begin. 

I think it's going to be a test of the discipline of the athletes, and the control the respective NOCs have over them. I suspect some teams are going to hit very serious problems at various points, while some teams will profit - I expect the teams from more disciplinarian countries may prosper, e.g. China, while I can see Scandinavian Teams or the like suffering, as they are admirably freespirited folk usually. Countries with large vaccine uptakes will probably do ok, and GBR fits in that category.

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Draw dates subject too change:

Boxing: July 22

Karate: August 4, 17:00 local time. Top 4 will be seeded, rest will be randomly drawn

Table tennis: July 21

I saw that for Fencing it will be done every day before the competitions, and if i remember correctly wrestling is the same idea, that leaves Judo and Taekwondo, and last time Judo was 2 days before, so that would be on the 21st

7 hours ago, mpjmcevoy said:

I think it's going to be a test of the discipline of the athletes, and the control the respective NOCs have over them. I suspect some teams are going to hit very serious problems at various points, while some teams will profit - I expect the teams from more disciplinarian countries may prosper, e.g. China, while I can see Scandinavian Teams or the like suffering, as they are admirably freespirited folk usually. Countries with large vaccine uptakes will probably do ok, and GBR fits in that category.

Scandinavians are like GB with good vaccine uptakes I believe