website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

13 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

The majority of our sports stadiums are open at full capacity.  Many people in this country consider the pandemic to be over, so I imagine we would have been much more open to the idea (obviously it's a moot point considering where we were a year ago, so it's not like anyone could have predicted we'd be where we are right now)

Thar is why a new wave could be rather bad in America. 30% unvaccinated and most of those thinking the pandemic is over is a recipe for chaos.

10 hours ago, LDOG said:

You can clap, use percussion instruments...

I think this is complete nonsense, they have less than 2k daily cases (still nothing for such a populated country) and the risk of having an outbreak for allowing some spectators is very low.

Really disappointed with the japanese.

The Poor vaccination rate and still hosting the Olympics is making the government in Japan unpopular. Having no fans is one way the Government hopes to not get further blame given to it, 

3 hours ago, Agger said:

But then again. It was the days of Saori Yoshida and the quite exceptional Games in London, spectatorwise! :p

Indeed (speaking about the London games in general). For me, 1992 was the peak of modern XX century Olympics, and the same way, 2012 was the peak of XXI century Olympics. Dont even know whether it is going to be surpassed, even though we are only at the second decade of XXI. c. :D :D

18 minutes ago, Triplecast said:

As an American.. LOL.  I get things are different in Japan, but this reads like the kind of sleazy tactic some Americans were going with last year and probably got laughed out of the courtroom

1 hour ago, Quaker2001 said:

As an American.. LOL.  I get things are different in Japan, but this reads like the kind of sleazy tactic some Americans were going with last year and probably got laughed out of the courtroom

Yes, a US Court would likely quickly dismiss such a case for lack of jurisdiction.  Also, to get an injunction you have to show a strong liklihood that you would prevail on the merits.   I don't know the Japanese legal system either, but I would think a Japanese court would do something similar.

Most of our athletes will arrive on July 16 (our water polo and handball teams, wrestlers and judokas)

The firs Hungarian athlete, Julia Schmid (Canoe Slalom) arrived on July 7. The first couple of Hungarian swimmers arrived the next day, including Katinka Hosszú.

uszok-tum_960px.jpg

4 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Most of our athletes will arrive on July 16 (our water polo and handball teams, wrestlers and judokas)

The firs Hungarian athlete, Julia Schmid (Canoe Slalom) arrived on July 7. The first couple of Hungarian swimmers arrived the next day, including Katinka Hosszú.

uszok-tum_960px.jpg

I assume Katinka's shorts are not part of the official uniform, right ? :p.

The first Spanish athletes (canoeing slalom team) arrived on July 3

Our sailing team arrived yesterday and most of our athletes will arrive on July 15 and 17, except the football team, because they will play a friendly match against Japan next Saturday, so they will arrive on July 13.