website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

10 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Unfortunately his marathon failure was predictable. He won all his great races with a 600m burst: there were always a dozen better even-paced guys.

Well, I don't watch maratons so I don't know about the commercial pacemakers there. I suppose he could have won some low-hanging fruits but it's all water under the bridge now.

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

And the rugby sevens? It's basically the last sport I need in my own schedule :p

Have they set the full schedule for that or just the groups?  Tokyo site has nothing thus far

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Beach volleyball is July 5th in Moscow.

Was just going to ask when beach volleyball is coming.  Definitely interested to see that one so I know when I'm going to be sleeping in late July

5 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

Was just going to ask when beach volleyball is coming.  Definitely interested to see that one so I know when I'm going to be sleeping in late July

I was gonna ask about Beach Volleyball as well, but then found that date

Apparently Covid cases have risen in the last couple of weeks in Tokyo - I wonder if we will see changes to the planned crowd sizes.

It’s the Paralympics I feel worse for. The Olympics will go ahead no matter what but if the Olympics causes a Covid surge then the Paralympics might be casualty of a panicking Japanese Goverment. 

3 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

Apparently Covid cases have risen in the last couple of weeks in Tokyo - I wonder if we will see changes to the planned crowd sizes.

It’s the Paralympics I feel worse for. The Olympics will go ahead no matter what but if the Olympics causes a Covid surge then the Paralympics might be casualty of a panicking Japanese Goverment. 

There were 317 cases in Tokyo yesterday. No major surge albeit a slight increase. UK had 22,000 cases alone yesterday and tonight there will be 40,000 in Wembley!

BBC dropped their annual trailer for the Olympics today.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela