website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

24 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Australia will become the first nation to reach Japan for Olympic Preparation . Their softball team reaches Tokyo tomorrow  and will stay in Ota. 

You're clearly wrong, I read it here that they confirmed their withdrawal at least 10 times :p

16 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Australia will become the first nation to reach Japan for Olympic Preparation . Their softball team reaches Tokyo tomorrow  and will stay in Ota. 

And now the women have arrived.

Aussie softball team first to arrive in Japan for Olympics (yahoo.com)

Interestingly we are looking at a scenario where a large part of Australian contingent will be in Japan well before the games. Towns that cancelled welcoming athletes were hosting sporting contingents of South Asia, France, Kenya, South Africa ,Lesotho etc acc to NHK. The town hosting some Poland athletes  wanted hard quarantine before they train which is not feasible. 

So basically your country's covid handling throughout the pandemic and the local government will decide if you can train in Japan. I'm sure there will be discussions with the towns asking for a relaxation but I don't know how many of them will be successful. 

As of now it's Advantage Australia!