website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

The only good thing about Karate is that it will give medals to smaller nations.

Baseball in the current conditions (no MLB, only 6 teams) is worthless. Skateboarding is ridiculous. Surf i'm not a fan of either.

2 minutes ago, LDOG said:

The only good thing about Karate is that it will give medals to smaller nations.

Baseball in the current conditions (no MLB, only 6 teams) is worthless. Skateboarding is ridiculous. Surf i'm not a fan of either.

MLB will NEVER let players go, this sport is way more popular in the US then hockey. People will simply not accept stopping the season for a month and it will really screw up the scheduling since they play every day. I would LOVE to see it happening, but it wont, not this time. MAYBE if L.A wins the 2024 olympics , MAYBE

hace 1 minuto, Maxim Fastovsky said:

MLB will NEVER let players go, this sport is way more popular in the US then hockey. People will simply not accept stopping the season for a month and it will really screw up the scheduling since they play every day. I would LOVE to see it happening, but it wont, not this time. MAYBE if L.A wins the 2024 olympics , MAYBE

The idea is only stopping for a week and nix the asg (that almost everyone hates, anyway) for that season.

Just now, carivan said:

The idea is only stopping for a week and nix the asg (that almost everyone hates, anyway) for that season.

The Idea is good, nothing will happen if the world series will be mid november one year. I'm all for it, but i'm just having a very hard time actually seeing it happening.

Would love to see top players from USA, Japan, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Panama, South Korea,Canada,Venezuela compete on an olympic level and not just triple a players who will eventually become stars but not when they play in the olympics.

Ahora, Maxim Fastovsky said:

The Idea is good, nothing will happen if the world series will be mid november one year. I'm all for it, but i'm just having a very hard time actually seeing it happening.

Would love to see top players from USA, Japan, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Panama, South Korea,Canada,Venezuela compete on an olympic level and not just triple a players who will eventually become stars but not when they play in the olympics.

I agree. But I think it'll come down to money (travel and insurance) and how the Classic does next year.

8 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

What about korean and japanese leagues. Will they support the olympics ? Did they in the past ?

no, in the past they didn't...their Olympic teams were always just university or 2nd tier league teams...

of course Japanese pro leagues probably will support the 2020 Games, but just because they could give them a new boost in tv ratings and stadium attendance (which are nowadays suffering a bit of decline because of the many stars going to play in the USA - in fact MLB number of games shown on tv and their ratings are increasing lately in both JPN and KOR, especially in JPN)...

il y a 1 minute, phelps a déclaré:

no, in the past they didn't...their Olympic teams were always just university or 2nd tier league teams...

of course Japanese pro leagues probably will support the 2020 Games, but just because they could give them a new boost in tv ratings and stadium attendance (which are nowadays suffering a bit of decline because of the many stars going to play in the USA - in fact MLB number of games shown on tv and their ratings are increasing lately in both JPN and KOR, especially in JPN)...

Thanks, so that's even worst than men's football.

No thanks, then.