website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

24 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Well, it's very interesting that this was revealed on the day Japan extended trade sanctions on DPR Korea for another two years.

I'm sure this a political decision by North Korea rather than anything to do with the virus.

Does anyone really think this is about the virus?  Of course it's political.  And yet, they'll still tell the world it's about the virus and their citizens will believe every word of it

6 hours ago, phelps said:

I'm surprised you found that out only recently...

here in Italy, Turkmenistan Sport (and CBC Sport Azerbaijan) have been for years the main source to find Serie A (and the Azeri also Spanish La Liga and Champions League) for free :lol: instead of paying the bunch of money Sky Italia has always asked for their Italian football coverage (right now, we're living a kind of South American soap opera because the online provider dazn has stripped sky Italia the TV and internet rights of the next 3 serie A seasons...they're announcing to go in front of trial courts one day after the other to try and revert this situation :yikes: :rofl: :facepalm:...it's absolutely crazy how many pages have been written on that in the last couple of months)...

p.s. and we don't even need too big dishes to find those 2 channels on satellite...

I can regularly watch them from Northern Italy with a 120cm dish (and most likely also a smaller one would make it in any case)...

it's easier than getting the British channels (BBC and ITV)...

I watch most of the things on the internet nowadays but since we are getting close to the Olympics, I "improved" my satellite channels to have more "options" and found some interesting Turkmenistani and Tajik sport channels :p

if I want to watch football . our own sport channels show pretty much everything. (UCL, Serie A, La Liga, Premier League, BundesLiga, even France Portugal, sometimes even the Netherlands) I'm more interested in other sports. but I assume we are talking about different satellites, I don't think I can have what you have in Italy and vice versa. btw I used to be satisfied with having some Arab channels (mostly UAE) but then Al-Jazeera (now BEIN) happened and swallowed everything.

Day 3 schedule in Excel.

I updated day 2 as well - M and W skeet qualif. added (I forgot them before).

And I added handball matches on each day, although exact hours are not known yet.

I printed this schedule and it looks ok for me.

You can always add some data you want, e.g. times when people from your NOC will participate or highlight your favourite events with different colour.

When I see schedule in this format, I can see how many - sometimes unnecessary - scheduling colisions are here (many of them include finals). And there are times when not so many interesting things happen. But that is always like that.

21.04.06 day 1.xlsx 21.04.06 day 2.xlsx 21.04.06 day 3.xlsx

2 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

It's quite fair to relate this two issues. But I don't think DPRK is that polite and obscure to announce withdrawal due to health crisis to not embarrass Japan. If so, the only reason is that they don't totally lose faith in Japan and still want to use it as leverage to cancel the sanction.

it's not to embarass IOC (not to risk any future denial of economic help nor any possible, even if improbable sanction), not Japan for sure (they surely would expose Japan if only they had a chance)...

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

I watch most of the things on the internet nowadays but since we are getting close to the Olympics, I "improved" my satellite channels to have more "options" and found some interesting Turkmenistani and Tajik sport channels :p

if I want to watch football . our own sport channels show pretty much everything. (UCL, Serie A, La Liga, Premier League, BundesLiga, even France Portugal, sometimes even the Netherlands) I'm more interested in other sports. but I assume we are talking about different satellites, I don't think I can have what you have in Italy and vice versa. btw I used to be satisfied with having some Arab channels (mostly UAE) but then Al-Jazeera (now BEIN) happened and swallowed everything.

of course we can reach different satellites...especially here in the North of Italy, I can see only a few channels from the Middle East...meanwhile in the South of Italy it's very different, they can see almost everything from 26 East and 7 west (BEIN included...there are a lot of Italian subscribers -normally thanks to Moroccan resellers)...

however, sometimes I explore different positions going east (42° with the Turkish channels, said Azeri and Turkmen channels, sometimes when they're active at 52° the Uzbekistan Sport channel, the Afghan RTA and RTA Sports for some Cricket...unfortunately, the Kirgyz Sport channel and a few others interesting channel from that area would require a bigger dish than mine :facepalm:)...

however, personally, I'm OK with my Sky italia + the Czech/Slovak TV Subscription and the whole German and British FTA channels lineup (nowadays I'm more and more relying on the OTT services for the US Sports and YT/World federations services for the disciplines with less room on the traditional tv channels, since I finally got a full gigabit fiber internet connection :lol:)...