website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

25 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

Bound to be more but North Korea is I think the only country where no international athletes have competed in anything for a year. 

Plus another 50 or so countries which have not competed internationally since the pandemic started.

#banbestmen

7 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

If I understand everything, the quota reallocations

Archery (mixed team)- :MGL  ( :UZB gets Mongolia's men's singles quota)

Athletics (men and women's marathon) - N/A

Boxing (women's flyweight) - :THA

Diving - Next best athlete at the 2021 World Cup

Gymnastics (Women's Artistic) - :IRL

Shooting (men and women's 10m air pistol) - Highest ranked nation without quotas

Table Tennis (women's team) - :FRA

Wrestling (women's -53kg) - :ECU & (women's -62kg) - :UKR (I think :MDA gets Ukraine's European quota)

It's an interesting theory. But might be just right. Just wanna ask you based on what result gets :FRA spot at the table tennis women's event? Thanks....

20 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

It's an interesting theory. But might be just right. Just wanna ask you based on what result gets :FRA spot at the table tennis women's event? Thanks....

Moreover, I am confused about the world quali. I did not watch the tournament. But it says that :PRK defeated :KOR but :KOR advanced to another round where they defeated :FRA in the final? So I am wondering based on what result was :PRK qualified for the Olympics if it was supposed to be from the World quali event. 

Screenshot_20210406_205948.jpg

6 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Moreover, I am confused about the world quali. I did not watch the tournament. But it says that :PRK defeated :KOR but :KOR advanced to another round where they defeated :FRA in the final? So I am wondering based on what result was :PRK qualified for the Olympics if it was supposed to be from the World quali event. 

Screenshot_20210406_205948.jpg

All countries that won round of 16 on that tournament qualified to Olympics. 

The second stage there was only one place left to qualify

I think North Korea is definitely over reacted. I can understand that they withdrew from OQT after pandemic began. But it's unnecessary to withdraw those qualified. They are not a big team and it's easy for North Korea to ask help from China including vaccine, training and quarantine. I am pretty sure Xi is more than willing to offer assistance for Kim and prioritize their requirement. Hope some miracle will occur in the coming months and no one is left.

2 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

I think North Korea is definitely over reacted. I can understand that they withdrew from OQT after pandemic began. But it's unnecessary to withdraw those qualified. They are not a big team and it's easy for North Korea to ask help from China including vaccine, training and quarantine. I am pretty sure Xi is more than willing to offer assistance for Kim and prioritize their requirement. Hope some miracle will occur in the coming months and no one is left.

Well, it's very interesting that this was revealed on the day Japan extended trade sanctions on DPR Korea for another two years.

I'm sure this a political decision by North Korea rather than anything to do with the virus.

8 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Well, it's very interesting that this was revealed on the day Japan extended trade sanctions on DPR Korea for another two years.

I'm sure this a political decision by North Korea rather than anything to do with the virus.

It's quite fair to relate this two issues. But I don't think DPRK is that polite and obscure to announce withdrawal due to health crisis to not embarrass Japan. If so, the only reason is that they don't totally lose faith in Japan and still want to use it as leverage to cancel the sanction.